25y/o guy 5'4" and weighting 93lbs...trying to gain weight

Options
hi, i have been skinny for my whole life. for this i have faced many problem like i can't fit anywhere and people mock with me for my supper skinny body. even my love of my life kind of dump me for being skinny. i am already 25 years old but i look like teenager. i want to get rid of my teenager body and be a man.

my current weight is 93lbs, i should be at least 130lbs according to many ideal weight calculator. which means i am 37lbs less than my ideal weight. but i have broke my goal into small pieces. primarily i will try to gain 7lbs within 10days, for this i will try GOMAD diet. i know its hard to do GOMAD but i will try my best. coz i will meet with my gf soon after 8 months, and i want to get her back by all means.

wish me luck, and anybody want to be my weight gain buddy?

Replies

• 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Everyone is different with their gains & goals. Without knowing your eating history or habits I'm assuming your not a BIG eater to start with? The old fable of the Tortoise and the Hare is not that far fetched sometimes. It may take you a week or two to get use to eating or drinking more calories. Try a plan for 7 weeks or 7 months rather then 7 days? To each their own so best of luck and happy health.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    GOMAD is by all means fine but if i was you I would be at dairy queen every day eating ice cream instead of gagging down a gallon of milk.
  • mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would agree, gain fast a bit like until 130lb. Then clean bulk 2_3lb month, cuz unnecessary fat wont help you be healthier
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Gain a lb a week for a year. Stop eating like a teenage girl and enjoy food.
  • Jcl81
    Jcl81 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Find your TDEE, only raise calories above it by 150-200 and see what happens. ( you can add more or take away more later) Once you find that sweet spot you will gain weight! Although, weight is just a measurement, muscle sounds to be your true goal. I could cut off my arm and lose weight, or drink a lot of water and gain weight, you seem to be looking for an overal body transformation.

I found just because the scale goes up, doesn't mean it will look like anything changed on my body, it might take you 25 pounds to see a big difference as the weight is going to disperse all over your body. Weight lifting can help guide this journey. So lifting is a good idea too if you're not, you should start!

The great news is you're 25 still in your prime, in 2-5 years you will be a "changed man!" Having realistic expectations is a must. It's going to take time, no one knows the true amount, but a lot of people are here for you if you need advice or just some motivation.

You got this!
  • satchelmcqueen
    satchelmcqueen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i used to be be like you and still am to a degree. your metabolism will slow as you get older and thatll help BUT until then start lifting and eating. i started at age 12 and weighed 75lbs. now im 41 and 182lbs. goal is 200. sometimes its hard to keep going, but you just have to. look at my pic if you want to see where youll be if you dont quit.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I was underweight in December and the rate of gain my doctor prescribed was 1 lb a week for what's it's worth. I don't necessarily think you need to rapidly gain weight unless a doctor wants to admit you to inpatient and do refeeding. If you are hemodynamically stable and not currently experiencing any acute issues I wouldn't just start eating a ton of junk food to gain weight.

Start adding healthier but high calorie foods like nuts, avocado, cheeses, peanut butter, glass of whole milk mixed with protein, full fat yogurt, etc. try to eat foods high in nutrients too so you also don't feel like crap. Just eating crap to gain weight rapidly is probably gonna result in you feeling like crap- sure you'll be heavier but not necessarily healthier. (And of course some junk food is fine but don't rely on that to gain weight!).

Edit: also resistance training you will probably want to incorporate. And don't gain weight to get a girl back! It probably didn't work out for other reasons.