Hi everyone

Just found this group and I'm going to try and figure out how to join...LOL
My name is Cindy and I'm in Taylors, SC. I've been battling my weight my whole life, I'll lose, then I'll gain back. I've faced the fact that I'm an emotional eater and I could write a book to explain why but this is neither the time nor place :-). I was born with a genetic syndrome that caused heart and upper extremity deformities and had open heart surgery at 7. At 36, I received a pacemaker, which changed my life for the better. Last October, I wound up in the ER with breathing problems that I had put down to my very mild asthma, but turns out I was in cardiac failure. So, on top of many drugs, weight loss is a must if I want to fight this effectively. So my weight loss is now not just for my health, it's for my life. For some reason, even knowing this, I'm still struggling with this. I work 12 hour, 3rd shifts so yesterday (and later today) I have cooked healthy meals so that I have meals to take to work with me. I've stopped taking change and my debit card in to work with me--no temptation for the vending machines or ordering out! It's a start.

Replies

• LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Welcome! Congratulations on starting your journey! My name is Cassandra and I am 26 years old. I started my journey at 272 on Feburary 10th. Iv sent you a friends request!
  • natalieevatt30
    natalieevatt30 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi. I'm Natalie I am 32 and have Fibro and started eating healthier and getting more exercise in and started working with a trainer. Getting some of this weight off has improved my health. I'm not sure how to send a friend request but if I figure it out I will send one.
  • Ceekat
    Ceekat Posts: 8 Member
    Cassandra & Natalie- I received both friends requests tonight and approved them! Thrilled to have new friends on here. Where are you guys located? In in Taylors, SC
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    I'm from Canada, Northern Alberta