I gained in my butt??!

Options
I did my measurments today and it's showing i gained 2 whole inches on my butt. What gives??? I lost another 2 pounds today and lost inches else where.

What's happened :o I do squats, i know i should be working my butt. But why did i gain there? I've been steady at 36' but today it says im at 38' ...

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My guess is water retention in the muscles thanks to those squats. :)
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »
    My guess is water retention in the muscles thanks to those squats. :)

Goodness i hope so, lol! Maybe i'll remeasure after a break day.

I know i do a lot of work in terms of squats, even my cardio has a lot of jump-type exercises. I was reading around and people have mentioned bulking? I hope that's not the case!

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    I'd guess you're not measuring at the exact same places each time.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Can you show me how to do it? I seemed to have lost all of my weight in my butt. I'm walkin around lookin like I have a sad sack of oatmeal back there. :D
  • Nicklebee93
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'd guess you're not measuring at the exact same places each time.

I thought so too... but it'd be odd that i'd measure wrong two weeks in a row? I can't even get the same measurement no matter how much i move the tape around? I did do strength yesterday..?

My workout routine is: 3 days cardio and 3 days strength. I pretty much work my butt/legs everyday of the week to some degree. (stiff-legged deadlifts/squats) and my cardio is normally Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (well Jillian michaels in general).
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My trainer measured me and my butt went up in inches..... he explained that it is a good thing the glutes muscles are big and when you start working them they will get bigger and start to raise. So it may not be a bad thing, or as mentioned it may be water retention on not measuring in the same place.
  • 7yearbitch
    7yearbitch Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Don't you want a nice, round butt? Squats and hip thrusts for life. #IWantaBigButt

But seriously, if you're doing a lot of exercises that use the glutes, then you're going to build them up. They'll become perkier and fuller. If you don't like having a booty, then cut back on the glute exercises.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    7yearbitch wrote: »
    Don't you want a nice, round butt? Squats and hip thrusts for life. #IWantaBigButt

But seriously, if you're doing a lot of exercises that use the glutes, then you're going to build them up. They'll become perkier and fuller. If you don't like having a booty, then cut back on the glute exercises.

YUP!!!!!! #ALLABOUT THE PEACH
  • Nicklebee93
    Options
    7yearbitch wrote: »

Nothing wrong with a good butt. I just didn't expect to gain. I figured i'd reshape/lose fat in that area. But maybe i't just water retention. I did just do 2 days of exercise. Just seemed like a lot of inches to gain in a week..