Mid month beginner challenge

Options
erelyl
erelyl Posts: 48 Member
I am rebooting my life and i need some help! So i'm creating my own little challenge.. baby steps!

1. Log in to myfitnesspal and LOG my food every day. Good or bad, as long as it's tracked.
2. Drink the daily recommended amount of water each day.

Keep this up til the end of the month... then i'll add to it for May. Any new (or new again) interested in joining me? Small manageable steps... that's my goal.

Replies

• TomB919
    TomB919 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like this but I also need some help/motivation in the gym.
  • Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I will join your challenge. I am currently logging all my food, but I do come short on recommended water intake some days. TomB919, you could join the 100 day work out challenge. I am on that one too. It is committing to working out everyday for 100 days no matter what. Also, I started a challenge of 6 week ab exercises for wimps. Maybe they will help with your gym motivation.
  • Dawn0630
    Dawn0630 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi,

I would love to join the challenge. I need to have the accountability. I like starting out with your goals and move forward.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    having a tough go today.
    Before I read about it in the PCOS for Dummies book, I always thought it was just a problem with me....but knowing that PCOS is what is causing this urge to binge eat on occasion helps me ignore and control it. Now instead of feeling like I have piss poor self control and am a self-sabatager, I understand the urge is actually chemically induced. Lets me feel I am in control of myself again, and helps me know the hunger pains are not really me being hungry, but my out of whack system telling me lies. I will continue to eat as normal and increase my water intake, and give the finger to these lies from my tummy.
  • erelyl
    Options
    I am not being as good as i could be with this... but better than i have been, so i'll consider that progress! Glad to have a few people here to give this a try with me... like i said, baby steps, and we can always add as we move forward! I need to set an alarm to remind myself to drink water. I'm like a camel, i load up then could go days and forget.

Shoebacha i know what you mean about being able to ignore the urges when you know there's a reason! For me it's the overwhelming need to have carbs about midway through the month. It takes a lot of reminding to tell myself it's just chemicals, not actual hunger or need. And, it doesn't always work. It doesn't mean my self control is terrible, sometimes the chemicals are just stronger than i am. That's ok..i'll find ways to adjust. You will too!

I've been trying to get a bit of exercise and movement in too, but not do it all at once. A walk with my kiddo after supper.. a game of tag in the backyard. It all counts.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I gave in to the cravings last night, on top of the chemicals I also had a really long stressful coworker stupidity filled day and ended up going through a drive through last night. I did exercise SOME control, I did not drink a full soda and only picked a few fries from my husband. I ate just my burger and 2 drinks of his soda, and 11 fries. I wanted twice that! First time I have gone over my calorie allowance in a while though, even on cheat days, so I will recover. Feeling much better today.
  • erelyl
    Options
    Shoebacha.. you ate 11 fries? I think you are a self control superstar! I don't even like fries all that much but if they are in front of me i will eat ALL of them.
  • drehw47
    drehw47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. For the past 3 days I have been very good about recording meals and looking for adjustments I need to make in my meals. I love this app. Now I have to add exercise in. I am starting with stretches and a stationary bike. Need some encouragement there.
  • charlenelynch
    charlenelynch Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll join you sweetheart! Today was my day to get back on track and so far it's a huge success. Well... 'on track' as in I took an honest break from tracking and I relaxed for two weeks. :)
    I'm a great and dedicated motivator so add me we'll keep in touch. You'll be joining me late in my weight loss journey but I've successfully lost 75lbs in 10 months after my second child. Now I have those pesky last ten pounds... it's aaaall about diet now. I restarted my MFP goal for this is my second phase ;) Hope you are doing well today!
  • shavannawright27
    shavannawright27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes girl deff need to do this, just started counting my calories the last few days, & so bad about getting the daily recommended water intake! I'm with ya! Add me if u want!
  • gettingback1
    gettingback1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in ladies. I'll have been logging in my food the past few weeks but usually forget on the weekends. I'm making it my goal get my meals logged this weekend.

I have gained sadly 15 pounds over the past year even though I'm at gym 3-4 a week. I managed to lose 3 pounds just today but losing these 3 pounds has been extremely difficult. Weeks of controlling my food and going to gym 5 days a week. So I totally understand what some of you are going through. The urge to eat and the feeling of hunger never seeming to disappear. But I'm trying to focus on one day at a time. Hope everyone keeps strong.
  • 55gidget
    55gidget Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your challenge! I am "Re" Newing here as well..starting today
  • mgookin1
    mgookin1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would like to join challenge!
  • bbruinsfan77
    bbruinsfan77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to join challenge... Just returned from vacation so need to be accountable again
  • Rozlineve
    Rozlineve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. I was doing SW and lost 22lb in 5 months but I've gained half a stone in the past 5-6weeka. I lost focus as so many people were congratulating me on looking so much better I forgot I still had 3.5 stone to go (stupid right) So I joined a gym and left SW as I can't afford both and I'm now on here.
    I need to be focused and accountable for my weight each week or I don't lose as well.
  • ronna1961
    ronna1961 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Want to lose 15 lbs. by July. Going on a girls trip with College friends. I am logging in on my fitness pal and recording food and exercise, but need motivation. Never participated in one of the challenges before. how does this work? Good luck to everyone!!!
  • Luccee66
    Luccee66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've never joined a challenge on myfitnesspal before, but I'd like to join in. I do good with physical, but just starting to buckle down on the food and I do better when I have eyes on me, so count me in and let me know how this works, thanks.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I got my laps in today. Didnt push myself as hard I usually do on Saturday, but been working 6 days a week 14+ days and I am just exhausted. Still....Today I can officially say I cannot wear my ring because it will not stay on and my favorite jeans are now so loose I have to wear a belt. Excited to weigh in on the 1st. Hope the number matches the feeling.
  • mimi102102mfp
    mimi102102mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I join in please? I've never taken part in a challenge on here
  • erelyl
    Options
    Happy Monday folks! Wow, so happy to log in and see so many join in our little challenge! Today is a new day, so here's a reminder to go drink a big glass of water now! I'm about to, before i head out to get a desperately needed coffee (I'm still not willing to give up the cream in my coffee, i need it, it's brain food.. or something.)

I didn't do great this weekend, but i did log in every day and i did track. Along with a few walks, and some serious spring cleaning Sunday morning i was fairly active, so that's a plus.

I'm not doing great at getting my water in. I'm about halfway there. I think i'm a camel or something. Oddly enough my kidlet is a lot like me and never drinks water until he's way beyond thirsty, i'm always reminding him to drink more water too!

Please feel free to check in... tell me about your victories and challenges. And do add me! The more the merrier... and the more accountable i will be.