HCG

Options
MrsTurner121
MrsTurner121 Posts: 12 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Any one here do HCG with success and kept the weight off?
I did an HCG about a year ago now had GREAT results was super happy but when I quit and kinda turned to the dark side again, gaining weight anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• MrsTurner121
    Options
    I have tried quite a lot to loose the weight I have gained and nothing seems to work. I don't exactly want to go back to the HCG cause sure I know I'll have fantastic results but when I quit will it come right back again?
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Oh good lord, I thought this fad was over.
  • karmelpopcorn
    karmelpopcorn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What's HCG?
  • MrsTurner121
    Options
    My friend who lost 110lbs from it turned me to this. And yes it works but when you stop it stops and if your not careful it will all come back. I didn't gain it all back but more than I want. It's a hormone your body produces during pregnancy.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    What's HCG?

It is a hormone found in the urine of pregnant women. It has legitimate medical uses and sometimes is prescribed for an "off label" use of weight loss. it is paired with a very low calorie diet. It failed to be proven as a weight loss drug and is not allowed to be marketed/labelled as one, but a doctor can prescribed drugs of "off label" use.

You can buy it over the counter but it is not the real hormone, as that is regulated and not legal for sale OTC. So basically you are buying nothing and pairing it with a very low calorie diet.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    What's HCG?

pregnant women pee...no joke

OP no just no.

HCG works due to the VLCD that comes with it.

Yeah -- 500-cals/day for 2-months... That qualifies as VLCD to me
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I have tried quite a lot to loose the weight I have gained and nothing seems to work. I don't exactly want to go back to the HCG cause sure I know I'll have fantastic results but when I quit will it come right back again?

Chances are yes. Why not find a diet plan you can stick to and translate into maintainence instead.
  • MrsTurner121
    Options
    21 days or 42 day
  • MrsTurner121
    Options
    Hardest thing you'll ever do especially when you have 2 kids and a husband to cook for as well.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My friend who lost 110lbs from it turned me to this. And yes it works but when you stop it stops and if your not careful it will all come back. I didn't gain it all back but more than I want. It's a hormone your body produces during pregnancy.

Um, so basically it doesn't work then, does it?

Eat less, move more.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    Hardest thing you'll ever do especially when you have 2 kids and a husband to cook for as well.

HCG or finding a diet that works?
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    So basically what I get from this is the vlcd is the one causing the weightloss therefore no need for the hcg. Not that I would ever consider this hormone for a minute
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    So...you're going to spend $30-40 on a vial of pregnant piss, and spend way less on groceries since you'll only be eating 500 cals/day....instead...why don't you use the money you would be saving on groceries and the HCG and put it towards sitting down with a dietitian and working out a healthy plan that will actually work for you? Or are you just looking for someone to tell you about a new and improved quick fix?
  • MrsTurner121
    Options
    My biggest problem isn't eating I suppose it's not eating I generally don't eat all day and Maybe I eat at dinner time or sometimes I'll snack threw the day but generally don't have an entire meal I'm a waitress full time so I'm constantly on my feet and usually I don't want to eat at work because I'm staring at the same *kitten* all day long
  • Rosetta501
    Rosetta501 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did the HCG diet and I so wish I hadn't. It trashed my metabolism and not only did I gain the weight back but way more over the following couple of years.

The answer is adopting a sustainable way of eating that doesn't negatively impact your metabolism, don't have to go to extremes and where you feel happy and satisfied eating mostly healthy balanced meals.

People may not want to hear that because we all seek instant gratification but that's my experience.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    LOL.... hcg is a hormone in pregnant women's urine. I happen to be a pregnant woman, maybe I should start selling my urine to fad dieters :-P

Anyone will lose weight on 500 cals a day. It isn't sustainable, since as soon as you go back to the levels you were eating before it will just readjust.

Couldn't resist.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem isn't eating I suppose it's not eating I generally don't eat all day and Maybe I eat at dinner time or sometimes I'll snack threw the day but generally don't have an entire meal I'm a waitress full time so I'm constantly on my feet and usually I don't want to eat at work because I'm staring at the same *kitten* all day long

If you don't eat, how is it you have weight to lose?
This discussion has been closed.