Pcos

Options
Hey guys I'm a 19 year old, 5'5 and I'm struggling with weight loss. If I don't workout for one day or eat a bad thing in a day I gain all my weight back. I feel like I'm never gonna lose weight iv been trying so hard I finally lost 2 pounds and I checked today I gained 3 pounds back. I'm 180 pounds...

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    If I don't workout for one day or eat a bad thing in a day I gain all my weight back.

You're making the mistake of assuming the scale is an accurate bodyfat measuring tool, which it is not - it measures total weight.. including fluid retention from eating carbs & sodium (which is irrelevant to fat loss). If you're in a calorie deficit, you lost fat today, regardless of your total weight. I suggest not worrying about day to day scale changes and instead see the general trend over the course of weeks. You can do this using Trend Weight, Weight Grapher, or the Libra app.

Post an update next month :+1:
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I agree with @Cherimoose . Stick to whatever you do for at least a month and evaluate the results after.

Dieting does NOT work like this: I eat 770 calories less today - I lose 100 grams tomorrow morning on the scale.
    Would be nice but - nope - not happening. Weight goes up and down, stalls then you start losing again in all kinds of ways. What is important is your total loss after a month (at least!)
  • ari7l
    ari7l Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey! Dont have pcos but it runs in the family and ive had some hormonal issues as well. Tbh the only thing that seemed to work was LOW CARB, because pcos is hormone related and causes fluctuations in ur insulin levels, low carb is what seemed to work for my fam. So that means no bread/pasta/grains/sugar/processed food, you can eat fruits, diary, eggs, meat. Try to do a high protien diet, keep ur calories a bit lower than what sites will tell u because u have pcos, ur gonna have to lower ur cals 100-200 more than what they tell u- unless ur working out really hard. And trust me if u lose 7% of ur body weight ur condition will become better too, so just give it a few months, target at losing 3kg per month, track ur weight every other day, jog, run, do enjoying workouts, drink lots of water, and stay positive :) Good luck, if my family can do it, so can you!! Be patience it takes time. Stick to what ur doing and make positive changes only.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    PCOS Sucks! But weight loss helps it a lot. Log everything, keep to a lower carb, (not zero carb) diet, and start moving....even on days that you cramp up. Weight comes off slower, but it does come off. I'm 5'4" and currently down 32 lbs. I feel so much better now. Add supporting friends who are willing to pick you up when you are struggling, and I only weigh every 2 weeks. But... my pants fit better and I love the new feeling of accomplishment.