Spaghetti

So I'm making spaghetti for dinner tonight, but I want to try gluten free noodles. I bought Trader Joe's organic brown rice and Quinoa spaghetti pasta. Has anybody tried it? I really love spaghetti but I don't like the bloated feeling afterwards. That's why I thought I would try this.

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Do you get bloated when you eat one serving (56g) of regular spaghetti?

I've tried a lot of GF pastas due to celiac, but they all give me stomach upset. I'm better off with spiralized vegetables.
  • oceangirl1976
    oceangirl1976 Posts: 6 Member
    It could be because I eat too much of it. Lol I had some GF spaghetti at a friends house and I didn't feel overly stuffed.
    T
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    I eat GF pasta. Tastes the same to me as regular, without the stomach upset. Try it.
  • HellyFaye
    HellyFaye Posts: 202 Member
    I have the celiac disease (boo for me). I do a lot of spiraled vegetables as a replacement for pasta. When I do pasta pasta for meals I use Tinkyaka Brown Rice Spaghetti Pasta. This is hands down the best brand of pasta ever.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    I eat gf pasta without a problem. I like Aldi brown rice & quinoa pasta.
  • DonaldCriola
    DonaldCriola Posts: 19 Member
    So I'm making spaghetti for dinner tonight, but I want to try gluten free noodles. I bought Trader Joe's organic brown rice and Quinoa spaghetti pasta. Has anybody tried it? I really love spaghetti but I don't like the bloated feeling afterwards. That's why I thought I would try this.

If you really want to go a really healthy route try using spaghetti squash as your pasta
  • oceangirl1976

If you really want to go a really healthy route try using spaghetti squash as your pasta

I do like spaghetti squash. I'll have to try it next time.
  • oceangirl1976
    So the spaghetti was great! I didn't eat too much because I had a salad before hand, so I'm feeling pretty good. Not overly stuffed.