Tryin to Cut and get more toned Abs and obliques any suggestions

Options

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    You just have to lose more body fat. Your are fairly lean so even a small loss to overall body fat should really show up in your midsection. Unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat or "tone" a muscle.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    UP the protein and cut some but not all carbs.
  • vismal
    edited April 2016
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    How would that help him get defined abdominals? Also, how can you advise changes to his diet when you do not know what he is currently eating?
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Cutting carbs won't have an effect on leaning out, calorie deficit until body fat is low enough for abs and obliques to show will.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Haha.. yes changing your macros isn't the answer especially given we don't know what you eat now. I am a big fan of high protein diets, but the answer to your question is to keep yourself in a calorie deficit and they will come through. You have to bring your body fat level down.
  • da_donmacp
    da_donmacp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well I prep all my meals, which consist of Baked chicken or Pan fried chicken breast, with mixed veggies or broccoli, or Asparagus, I switch up on the meats.
  • vismal
    Options
    da_donmacp wrote: »
    Well I prep all my meals, which consist of Baked chicken or Pan fried chicken breast, with mixed veggies or broccoli, or Asparagus, I switch up on the meats.
    That doesn't really make any difference...The names of the foods you eat are of no consequence when trying to lose fat and gain visible abs. The macronutrient and calorie totals for the day are what matter.
  • da_donmacp
    Options
    Ok well I'm eating
    Carbs=60g
    Fats=20g
    Protein=195

So That's about 1200 calories a day
  • da_donmacp
    Options
    Oppose to the 1700 I was consuming

Protein=276
    Carbs=85
    Fats=28
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and how much do you weigh? 1200 seems extremely low, but hard to tell without more details. For most guys though 1200 is WAY too low and would cause too much muscle loss throughout the process.

You look to have some good muscle under there, so I would take your time losing the weight to preserve it and they will come through.

Small calorie deficit, weigh everything, accurately log, and it will happen man! :-)
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    rf4n9qman0r6.jpeg

Cut carbs down to 50 to 75gr daily for a month. Paired with proper hydration control, and low cal, you can peak to get them to pop. Got a couple buddies going for their pro cards right now doing that.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    rf4n9qman0r6.jpeg

Cut carbs down to 50 to 75gr daily for a month. Paired with proper hydration control, and low cal, you can peak to get them to pop. Got a couple buddies going for their pro cards right now doing that.

And the he consumes some carbs and they un-pop.

OP is not in stage prep and doesn't need to manipulate water levels.

OP. Continue to drop bodyfat however you see fit until you see definition.

Also, 1200 calories over anything but a short time frame is going to have a negative effect on your goal due to cannibalisation of muscle along with bodyfat. A small deficit over a sustained period is what you need at your level of lean.