CLA?

Options
Is it okay to take CLA while trying to gain weight or muscle mass? I was told at the vitamin shoppe it wouldn't affect my weight gain as it targets mainly stomach fat and helps with lean muscle mass.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Is it okay to take CLA while trying to gain weight or muscle mass? I was told at the vitamin shoppe it wouldn't affect my weight gain as it targets mainly stomach fat and helps with lean muscle mass.

Yes its safe to take while bulking but it does neither of those things.

https://examine.com/supplements/conjugated-linoleic-acid/
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Haha you got ripped by the salesperson at vitamin shoppe.....

CLA....is not gonna do anything
  • pwillis20
    pwillis20 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's nearly impossible to gain weight or muscle and lose fat. So if someone's telling you this is how you do it or that's how you do it, always question them. Your best bet is to save your money on cutting products, add some muscle till you hit your goal wight or you dislike the way you look, then cut. For cutting I've heard some great things about carnitine (l-carnitine)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    pwillis20 wrote: »
    It's nearly impossible to gain weight or muscle and lose fat. So if someone's telling you this is how you do it or that's how you do it, always question them. Your best bet is to save your money on cutting products, add some muscle till you hit your goal wight or you dislike the way you look, then cut. For cutting I've heard some great things about carnitine (l-carnitine)

Most of the supplement are quite overhyped. Outside of creatine and caffeine, other supplements provide little to no impact.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    CLA is incredibly popular... But I have yet to hear from one person that it has made a noticeable difference for them..
  • Knight702015
    Knight702015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello Christine_72. I have been taking CLA for approximately 7 months. It has done nothing to help me lose belly fat or have more energy. The only reason I keep taking it is that has not caused any ill effect and I hate throwing money away. After this bottle is empty CLA will have to find another buyer because I will not be one of them.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Hello Christine_72. I have been taking CLA for approximately 7 months. It has done nothing to help me lose belly fat or have more energy. The only reason I keep taking it is that has not caused any ill effect and I hate throwing money away. After this bottle is empty CLA will have to find another buyer because I will not be one of them.

Thanks for the review. Yet another person who it hasn't helped.
    Like all supplements, they make CLA sound like it's a magic belly fat burner :huh:

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If you were an elite athlete and had your lifestyle, workouts and nutrition at 99% perfect, then you may see some beneifts however for the average gym go-er its pointless.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't shop at that place again.