beginning again and hope to stick to it

Options
rayodani
rayodani Posts: 13 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm trying to loos some pounds for my wedding were do begin as far as food and work out

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like at a calorie deficit. Workout if you'd like. Start by logging everything you eat and drink. Purchase a food scale if you don't have one already. Use accurate entries. Use the recipe builder. Good luck and Congrats on the future wedding.
  • rayodani
    Options
    Thank you.!
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Eat in moderation, under your calorie goal, and exercise. Don't set unreasonable expectations for yourself! Aim for 1-2 pounds per week. Anything more than that is going to set you up for failure.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Eat the foods you like to hit your calorie goal and have a good macro breakdown. This is what I normally do.
    protein: 0.8-1.2 g/lb of lean body weight
    fat: ~20-25% of your calories
    carbs: the rest of your calories

Be sure to get in your fiber too. Lots of whole foods, fruits, and veggies, but don't completely deny yourself some treat foods you enjoy. Just plan for them and work them into your calories and macros :)

As for workouts, the more intense you can make it the better your results will be. Plenty of research studies have shown that intensity in resistance training and cardio is very important. After that, just be consistent!

Allan
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Try change your lifestyle otherwise after the wdding or a big event you'll regain and like me have a life of yoyoing
    It's taken me 28 years to just see I can have treats & meals out as long as I'm strict most of the time
  • rayodani
    Options
    The best way is consistent exercise and a good stable diet. How much are you trying to lose and when is your wedding?

My wedding is in September. I have about 4 months so if I can loose 10 lbs a month that would be awesome. I'm at 260 my heaviest I've ever been.
  • rayodani
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Eat the foods you like to hit your calorie goal and have a good macro breakdown. This is what I normally do.
    protein: 0.8-1.2 g/lb of lean body weight
    fat: ~20-25% of your calories
    carbs: the rest of your calories

Be sure to get in your fiber too. Lots of whole foods, fruits, and veggies, but don't completely deny yourself some treat foods you enjoy. Just plan for them and work them into your calories and macros :)

As for workouts, the more intense you can make it the better your results will be. Plenty of research studies have shown that intensity in resistance training and cardio is very important. After that, just be consistent!

Allan

Thank you for all the good advice my calorie count on this app is 1700 at the moment I try to stay under
  • kristinajeang
    kristinajeang Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    rayodani wrote: »
    The best way is consistent exercise and a good stable diet. How much are you trying to lose and when is your wedding?

My wedding is in September. I have about 4 months so if I can loose 10 lbs a month that would be awesome. I'm at 260 my heaviest I've ever been.

It sounds like we're in similar situations!

My best advice would be to find a workout or two that you really enjoy doing and stick with it! My favorites would be running/races and zumba/dancing! It takes a lot of the "work" out of workout and makes it fun! Another key is to log EVERYTHING you eat. I never realized how many calories I was snacking on or how often I had a "cheat" meal until I started to track everything.
  • rayodani
    Options
    What does a day look like for you. (Food)
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Why are you beginning again? Why wasn't last time successful?
  • rayodani
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

For as long as I can remember I go in the same circle I get into it I do good I loose some pounds I feel good I start to take it easy on everything I'm doing and I loose it I start eating what I want again not working out and gain it back and feel horrible again.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    10lb a month is possible, though kind of a lot at a fast rate. If you're super speeding your weight loss then you'd need to start getting serious with everything if you plan to lose 40lbs by your wedding.

1. Workout twice a day, whether at the gym or with a home cardio machine. Get your diet in order, start cutting calories now (it's much quicker to NOT eat 800 extra calories than it is to spend 45 minutes on a treadmil).

2. Your goal should always be to burn more calories than you consume. Also get on a detox regime and start drinking lots of water... to help you shed more water and help with bloating.

3. What Terbusa said, take fiber supplements... it'll help with weight loss as well.

4. Cut sugar asap.

5. Take additional weight loss supplements to help you burn more calories or tone your body up. If you're sensitive to caffeine then start with something light. A lipotropic supplement helps your body tap into your fat reserves for fuel/energy which helps with toning. A thermogenic (fat burner) helps increase your bodys internal body temperature to help you burn more calories and also raises metabolism but it's extremely high in caffeine and can raise your heart rate and may be discomforting.

Feel free to message me if you have anymore questions.

Nope.

Pretty much the good majority of this is not necessary for sustainable weight loss, particularly the part about "fat burning" supplements. The only fat they burn is from your wallet. If I were you, OP, I would save your money and stay away from those things..I've read way too many horror stories about supplements on here, and can find thread links if needed. All you need to do is eat at a calorie deficit. Same with "detoxing". Your liver takes care of that, a "detox" is not necessary. If your liver stops working, you don't need a detox, you need a hospital.

While cutting down on sugar is never a bad thing for health reasons, it's the calories you need to worry about for weight loss.
    Lastly, you can lose weight doing exactly 0 minutes of exercise if you wish, though your results may not be quite what you like. Exercise makes you healthier.
    Exercise is for fitness, diet is for weight loss.

Best course of action: get a food scale. Weigh all solids, measure all liquids. Eat at the goal MFP sets for you, and not below it. Log consistenly and accurately. Try to choose good options that will help you feel satiated, eat less of the calorie dense foods, and above all, have patience! Trust the process and it will happen for you! :)
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

For as long as I can remember I go in the same circle I get into it I do good I loose some pounds I feel good I start to take it easy on everything I'm doing and I loose it I start eating what I want again not working out and gain it back and feel horrible again.

To try to not have this happen again, make sure the way you're losing is a sustainable way you can maintain for the rest of your life. There's a reason crash diets and restrictions only work temporarily- Because they aren't sustainable long term.

Aim to lose no more than 2lbs a week. Purchase a kitchen scale ASAP. Weigh your food. Don't deny yourself the things you love. Make them fit into your daily calorie goal. Want pizza for dinner? Have a lighter breakfast and lunch, etc.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    10lb a month is possible, though kind of a lot at a fast rate. If you're super speeding your weight loss then you'd need to start getting serious with everything if you plan to lose 40lbs by your wedding.

1. Workout twice a day, whether at the gym or with a home cardio machine. Get your diet in order, start cutting calories now (it's much quicker to NOT eat 800 extra calories than it is to spend 45 minutes on a treadmil).

2. Your goal should always be to burn more calories than you consume. Also get on a detox regime and start drinking lots of water... to help you shed more water and help with bloating.

3. What Terbusa said, take fiber supplements... it'll help with weight loss as well.

4. Cut sugar asap.

5. Take additional weight loss supplements to help you burn more calories or tone your body up. If you're sensitive to caffeine then start with something light. A lipotropic supplement helps your body tap into your fat reserves for fuel/energy which helps with toning. A thermogenic (fat burner) helps increase your bodys internal body temperature to help you burn more calories and also raises metabolism but it's extremely high in caffeine and can raise your heart rate and may be discomforting.

Feel free to message me if you have anymore questions.

Fixed it for you.
  • rayodani
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the pointers. Question? When I wight food how much should it weigh or is it just for meats or is it overall measuring everything?
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Try change your lifestyle otherwise after the wdding or a big event you'll regain and like me have a life of yoyoing
    It's taken me 28 years to just see I can have treats & meals out as long as I'm strict most of the time

This.

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options

I've lost 24 lbs so far and started eating better and exercising on Feb 2nd so it's possible to lose that much but it depends on many things.

Be sure to weigh and measure all the food you eat. Drink more water. If you can get some physical activity in each day that's good.
  • rayodani
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »

I've lost 24 lbs so far and started eating better and exercising on Feb 2nd so it's possible to lose that much but it depends on many things.

Be sure to weigh and measure all the food you eat. Drink more water. If you can get some physical activity in each day that's good.

My question is what am I weighing. ?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »

My question is what am I weighing. ?

Everything that goes in your mouth. On a digital scale and weigh in grams not oz for better accuracy.
  • rayodani
    Options

Thanks