• jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm one

• Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. I've been a severe asthmatic since I was 3 months old.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Yup. Tried to die a few times as a kid. It's gotten better with age, but it's still there. Regular cardio is a tremendous help to me.
  • c1ownfishie
    c1ownfishie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've had asthma all my life... But I never let it stop me from achieving my fitness goals. I might run slower than people without asthma, but I still get to that finish line! Feel free to add me!!! :smile:
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to be under control now. I've run the full spectrum of meds. I'm on Breo-ellipta now and it seems to be good.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • cprovenghi
    cprovenghi Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yup. Tried to die a few times as a kid. It's gotten better with age, but it's still there. Regular cardio is a tremendous help to me.

I agree when i increased my cardio gradually i noticed my lung capacity and stamina increase, it depends on weather as far as seasons go for me as well due to allergies affecting my asthma though.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    cprovenghi wrote: »

I agree when i increased my cardio gradually i noticed my lung capacity and stamina increase, it depends on weather as far as seasons go for me as well due to allergies affecting my asthma though.

Same with the seasons and allergies. When I lived in places with a real winter I'd make sure my upper body, and particularly my chest and neck were warm. I also found that walking for a slow warmup was helpful. Pollen season here is pretty bad. Trade offs I guess.
  • sean_hornback
    sean_hornback Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Asthmatic here as well Add me
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hello there... wheezer here. :D
  • metalgearpanda
    metalgearpanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've been asthmatic since age of about 20. I was born with Eczema which they say goes hand in hand with Asthma! A lot of people have commented that I dont use my inhalers a lot, never have them with me at the gym took a long time to get to that stage to be fair though! :) x