Which message board would you say is the most active here?

Options
Balaru
Balaru Posts: 203 Member
Looking to check in daily and get feedback.

Goals:
  • Make it stick this time -
  • 50 pounds need to go bye bye - ultimately 70 pounds for my magic number but 50 is more reasonable
  • Not so much about the weight as it is about getting healthy and staying healthy

Interests:
  • Walk/run/walk 5ks/10ks - eventually Half and at least one Marathon (it's on my bucket list)
  • Bike for fun - no races for me there - I'm too chicken (my nickname in high school was Grace -you get the picture)
  • I'd like to do a Triathalon at least once

These are all lofty goals for a 54 year old clutz who has major allergies and is currently in full job search mode. (no money for race fees right now)

Short Term:
  • One month out - Be in the 180's by the time my son gets home for summer break in May
  • Three months out - Be in the lower 160's as our summer vacation comes up- we're going camping at the Lake which means bathing suit and lots of swimming, hiking and boating.
  • Six months out - Not fall off the wagon when Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, my birthday, Mardi Gras and Easter come and have to start ALL over again.
  • One year - make this lifestyle such a habit that it's like breathing in and out

B)

Which board would you recommend to keep me motivated?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    well they're all good for different things... General Diet & W/L Forum is the busiest by far I'd say but some of the groups are pretty active too... for a daily checkin I'd personally go with using your newsfeed and building a friend's list of folks to keep you going, really.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I like this board and the food and nutrition board. The best thing IMO is to add friends and follow them through their posts. It helps me to see others posting on what is going on in their life each day and I do the same.