Keeping it off and continuing my workouts

Hi everyone. I'm hoping to start a dialogue about our journeys with this process of becoming healthy and staying there. This is a lifestyle, it's a choice,you do this to yourself.... I've heard it all. I'm sure I've said it all. I'm well on my way to truly living what I think, it's just easy to slip. 30 more pounds to lose and I've stopped dead in the water. Can not even lose one! Ideas? I'm 54 and stuck!!!

Replies

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    How long since you've stopped losing? Maybe you need to re-assess your food diary, have you stopped measuring/weighing foods? Are you logging everything? Have you been doing the same workout forever? Do you strength train? Or just cardio? Do you live an active lifestyle? In other words, is the 30 or 60 minute workout your only activity? Or do you make an effort to add steps and activity all day? Have you noticed your body is smaller, but the scale is the same? Do you drink plenty of water? Soda? Booze? Lots of variables for sure.
  • marloularson
    marloularson Posts: 10 Member
    I do track my food pretty well. But, you're spot on with my routine. My background is Olympic weight lifting, but one shoulder repair and the other with a partial thickness rotator cuff tear it's hard to do. Hardly drink alcohol at all and no soda. Body is smaller yes. Waist has that darn muffin top that hit me at 45 out of no where. I'm 5'7", 185 and a size 10 and 8 in some things.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Well, I agree with bebeisfit.

It's time to change up your routine. Recheck your food intake. Look at some of the things you eat and see what you can trim and improve. Maybe cutting some fats or sweets if you eat that certain thing.

Also, venture into some new cardio activities and workout routines that challenges you. You got to keep switching it up.
  • marloularson
    Thank you for your help.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    I do track my food pretty well. But, you're spot on with my routine. My background is Olympic weight lifting, but one shoulder repair and the other with a partial thickness rotator cuff tear it's hard to do. Hardly drink alcohol at all and no soda. Body is smaller yes. Waist has that darn muffin top that hit me at 45 out of no where. I'm 5'7", 185 and a size 10 and 8 in some things.

Damn! 185 and a size 8 or 10, you must be packing some muscle! In my best shape, in my mid 40's I was hovering around 178-184 and barely fit into a size 12. I'm also 5'7". And I've had a muffin top since forever. No kids..just chubby off and on my whole life and apple shaped.

Bummer about the shoulder/rotator cuff. Did the Dr. give you any advice about lifting again? Maybe even lighter weights? Probably not what you want to do, but better than nothing. I guess swimming is probably out too..bike? run? Pilates? Body is smaller..who cares about the scale!
  • marloularson
    Lol! I'm solid and very muscled yes. I do yoga and ride bike but haven't been able to make a solid schedule of anything but running 15 to 20 miles a week. We've just moved into our new house and we did a lot of the building.