Android Wear Steps vs Fitbit myfitnesspal

Options
mogulman1
mogulman1 Posts: 17 Member
I didn't know where to post this. I've been using mfp for a few years with a fitbit one. I recently got an Android Wear watch (LG Watch Urbane). The step counting is quite a bit lower than fitbit (10000 fitbit=8000 android). Has anyone else noticed this? Fitbit definitely seems more accurate.

Also.. It seems like syncing with MFP doesn't work as well with google fit. I noticed that nothing has shown up for the last few days. Maybe I need to make sure that MFP on my android device is syncing with Google fit. This seems like a different type of sync than other apps, where MFP communicates to the service (fitbit, endomondo) rather than through phone (google fit).

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Why do you think the Fitbit is more accurate? Have you done a test where you've counted off a few hundred steps?
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I used Google fit before I got my fitbit. Yes, it doesn't count steps well if you're using your phone. Unless said phone is in a pocket (apparently a hip holster doesn't work as well as a pocket). I never had a sync issue with it though. But it never synced over my steps. Just logged workouts.