Annoying relatives

Options
drpsamin
drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
This situation irks me and pisses me off
I'm trying to lose 20lb weight !! At family gatherings ppl keep trying to sabotage my diet despite me being open about it and telling them off!
I don't give in, but find it so annoying. How do u even deal??

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Unless they are forcing you to eat they can't sabotage your diet. That's a personal decision. No need to get angry with them. Just do your thing and don't make it an issue.

EDIT: and I'm just curious...you are a physician. What do you tell your patients to do?
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    What she said ^ but also realize that you can relax once in a while and enjoy a family gathering. Unless you have family gatherings several times a month, I wouldn't stress too much about it. In the end, it's up to you and unfortunately, family is just annoying sometimes.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Relax. They love you. You can handle this. Eat less the day before or the day afterwards.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to stop being so open about trying to lose weight. Chances are turning down food would be taken differently if you hadn't said you were trying to lose weight.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    drpsamin wrote: »
    This situation irks me and pisses me off
    I'm trying to lose 20lb weight !! At family gatherings ppl keep trying to sabotage my diet despite me being open about it and telling them off!
    I don't give in, but find it so annoying. How do u even deal??

Unless they hold you down physically and shove the food in they can't sabotage you. Just keep on keeping on, even around friends and family. :) I've found that over the years when you have success in losing weight that it can make a lot of people jealous (even family) and they want nothing more than to see us fail.