Cutting down body fat

Options
I am finally happy with the weight I am at, I just have some fat on my lower stomach that i feel super insicure about. Any recommendations on ways to get rid of it?

Replies

• ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit.
  • missflo2015
    missflo2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What is that exactly?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    Do you currently workout? If so, what do you do? If not, start a weight lifting and/or body weight program. It will definitely help reshape your body as long as your calorie intake is at a proper level.
  • missflo2015
    missflo2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly go to a gym and work out at the moment but I do have a highly active job, but I will have to look into joining a gym or something
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    Look into body weight exercises online. "You Are Your Own Gym" is a good one. They look deceptively easy but they aren't and you can do them at home or just about anywhere.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Well, to loose weight, you have to be in a caloric deficiy

If you are on a 1500 calorie diet for example, eating less than 1500 calories per day would put you in a deficit. You have to burn more calories then you intake to loose weight.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    2 options:

option 1: lose more weight and then go on a diet with a slight caloric surplus to gain muscle.
    Option 2: Eat at or just below maintenance to drop the last few pounds while developing some muscle. AKA recomp.