Salad topping suggestions!

Options
2»

Replies

• pickyreverb
    pickyreverb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Spicy roasted chickpeas. Dry them, toss in olive oil, cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, s&p and bake till crunchy, about 40 min, shake the pan every so often so they cook evenly
  • easilypleased
    easilypleased Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    vidalia onion, cherry tomato, hot cherry peppers, flavorgod everything, and whatever protein i want.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon. I love crab (I even love the imitation crab even though I know it's crappy!) Sundried tomatoes. Cheddar, feta or bleu cheese. Almonds, walnuts, cranberries, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and flax seeds.

For a different type of salad dressing I sometimes use salsa.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Avocado and orange is one of my favorite salads. You can just squeeze some extra oj for a dressing. Works super well on baby spinach.

Lately I've been doing a lot of greens, chicken breast, olives, mushrooms, broccoli doused in balsamic vinegar.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Chicken, ham, salami, cheese, tomato, cucumber, olives, sunflower seeds, avacado
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - I love dried cranberries, toasted walnuts and feta or blue cheese.
    - Toasted sunflower seeds and shredded carrots
    - Cutie or orange slices w almonds
    - Raisins, spinach and red onion
    - cucumber, Granny Smith apples, roasted peanuts and thinly sliced white onion
  • Msjournie
    Msjournie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love my salads too! I do spinach, red onions, cucumber, match sticks carrots, canned chicken, feta cheese, and garlic expressions!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    -Crushed up crackers from trader joes
    -broad beans
    -fresh berries
    -Greek yogurt and salsa
    -Nutritional yeast
    -garbanzo/black beans

The list could go on and on!
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of obsessed with salads, I always make sure to have one in the fridge, whenever I need a quick meal. My favorites are

Smoked Salmon, Avocado, Beets, Edamame, Goat Cheese, & Balsamic Vinegar (not Vinagrette)

Pumpkin Seeds, Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese, Apples, Chicken, Dried Cranberries, Apple Cider Vinegar

Broccoli, Apples, Plain Greek Yogurt, Dried Cranberries, Pumpkin Seeds, Walnuts, Apple Cider Vinegar

I always use fresh spinach or a spring mix for the base. I normally opt for high fat toppings (avocado, cheese, and nuts) instead of an actual dressing. Oh and make sure you always season your salads, just adding salt and pepper can make a salad taste a million times better.
  • des0123
    des0123 Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Avocado salad dressing! Using a food processor throw in 1 avocado juice of one lemon 1/4 cup white wine vinegar salt and pepper to taste....and while its blending , slowly pour in 3/4 cups of extra virgin olive oil. This way it doesn't separate when you store it. And that's it! Makes 1cup of dressing .... 2tbsp per serving
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Msjournie wrote: »
    I love my salads too! I do spinach, red onions, cucumber, match sticks carrots, canned chicken, feta cheese, and garlic expressions!

So how many calories would you give your salad and what is garlic expressions

• pixie_pixie
    pixie_pixie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tonight had a salad topped with oranges, apple, pumpkin seeds and cranberries
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I put pork rinds on my salad yesterday! So good. Lots of fat and protein. Perfect for my macros.
  • Tamijennelle
    Tamijennelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love mandarin oranges and feta cheese
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    shrimp and mandarin oranges with kraft sesame dressing added to whatever salady type veg is on hand.
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love feta but its hard to stop at one small serving hahah. Tonight was ground turkey and red peppers on romaine with black and green olives. Kraft feta and oregano dressing. So good.
  • willammoney
    willammoney Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Avacado jalapeño honey mustard lime