Fitness Modeling in training help

Options
I want to become a fitness model and need tips on how to achieve this. No dumbass responses, because I'm serious here. I want this more than anything.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Not enough info. What are you currently doing to reach your goal? Short answer right now is - hire a coach.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    ^^^yes hire a coach if this is what you really want to do.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    ^^^yes hire a coach if this is what you really want to do.

yeap. Hire a coach, do a competition.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Go to a gym where other fitness models workout, attend physique shows and work on building a following on Instagram and other social media.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I know a fitness model personally. I went to high school with her
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Knowing a single fitness model doesn't give you much perspective into the actual lifestyle surrounding the bodybuilding industry. Hire a coach, attend bodybuilding competitions, attend fitness expos, and start trying to sell yourself. If you really want to make it as a model in the industry NEVER do any type of demo, photo, or promotion of products/services/etc. for free.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

How about contacting her and asking for suggestions/advice?
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My suggestion, honestly, is to work on your communication skills.

If you want to represent something, it helps to be able to understand the audience and their expectations.

You have come into a forum full of people that might be able to offer great information, and you provide almost no information, and your single response is not helpful at all.

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, why do you want this?
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Starting from ground zero? definitely begin by attending fitness competitions every chance you get so you can make a more informed decision... IF you don't have an Athletic background... physical and emotional discipline will be your biggest obstacle to overcome... Athletes by their very nature crave the confidence that comes with overcoming their physical and psychological pain thresholds... IF you have authority issues a coach may not help... look for mentors and begin studying diet, nutrition, and exercise...and be patient... if you think you can hit the gym and be competitive within a year... YOU are kidding yourself... anything worth having takes time... an enormous amount of time... SO.. have a long hard look in the mirror and understand... this is at least a 5 year journey... and at 21... 5 years represents approximately 25% of the time you have spent on earth... 1/4 of your life...

From a practical standpoint you will want to visit a College or University with a Kinesiology department so you can set up a full blown fitness assessment to determine your body composition... then... decide what your nutrition needs are... talk to a doctor to determine whether you have any food sensitivities...

THEN be prepared to spend a ton of $$$ on food and a trainer
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Being a fitness model isn't the glorious life that it seems. Most successful fitness models live the lifestyle 24/7 and most that are very successful have put tons of money, time, sweat and pain into the effort. Your life will revolve around eating and the gym and not much life in between because you'll have to be prepared at all times for photo shoots and training videos. Why do you want to be a fitness model? That's the first question you should ask yourself because to get there will be an immense effort, staying there will be even harder and take a great toll on your body and mind.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Isn't a fitness model different from a fitness competitor? A lot of competitors also do modeling but to be a fitness model you just have to look the part of whatever you're advertising. If you look at running ads or Lululemon ads (not that I spend Saturday nights doing this) they don't necessarily have to be runners or yogis. It's modeling: blessed genetics, a little upkeep, and industry connections.

It sounds like there is a fire burning inside of you, which is great, so all the best to you! Maybe figure out the social media angle since that seems like the efficient and cost-effective way to get noticed nowadays.

• Beautiful_Warrior94
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

How about contacting her and asking for suggestions/advice?

I'm already in contact with her. But just want others opinions
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, why do you want this?

I love working out I love choosing the healthiest opinions. I want to feel and look the best I can be.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If you don't look the part, focus on that. Then, when you do, you need to start making contacts within the industry.