Started The Master cleanse

Options
On Tuesday APRIL 12th I started the cleanse. I will be doing it for 21 days. So far....I have lost 6 pounds. But I did do the gradual ease into cleans. 4 days prior I ate only veggies on the first day...the second day I ate tomatoe juice and cranberry juice and the 3rd day I had veggie broth for the day and (last day before cleanse) I ate the same just soup broth. And then started the master cleanse. I do not do the morning saltester flush...I just can't I tried last time I did the MC and my body just can't *gag* just thinking about it. So i drink laxative tea before bed and it seems to the trick just fine.

I have done this twice before.... once for 10 days ( minimum recommended ) the second for 14 days.... and now I'm going for 21. I'll keep you posted on the weightless :)

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Master Cleanse is a poor name. sounds too nazi-ish. poor marketing

good luck with the clense though
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    So this is preferable to a healthy balanced diet?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Master Cleanse is unhealthy and dangerous.

I advise you to not do it.
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    doesn't sound so bad if youre allowed to add some vodka, hot sauce and pickled green beans to the tomato juice
  • Aboomya
    Aboomya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well it does wonders!

This is where detoxification comes in, and why you need to cleanse your body.

Doing this will not only make you healthier, it will also lead to increases in energy levels, make you more able to get rid of bad habits, cleanse the body of harmful toxins, and promote weight loss through the increased energy levels and smoother, stronger metabolism rate that will accompany it. Truly, a detoxification diet essentially enables a person and their body a fresh, new start.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Aboomya wrote: »
    Well it does wonders!

Doing this will not only make you healthier, it will also lead to increases in energy levels, make you more able to get rid of bad habits, cleanse the body of harmful toxins, and promote weight loss through the increased energy levels and smoother, stronger metabolism rate that will accompany it. Truly, a detoxification diet essentially enables a person and their body a fresh, new start.

What specifically are you detoxifying your body of that you kidneys and liver aren't already taking care of?
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    why are there so many mean people here.

please stop bullying the op
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OP ....Really WTF Mate ?!?!
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    why are there so many mean people here.

please stop bullying the op

I am giving you a standing ovation
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Well it does wonders!

Do you have medical proof that it "detoxes" ?
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Well it does wonders!

I strongly encourage you to do some unbiased research on cleansing. Please don't just believe what one side says, actually with an open mind research the side of the cleansing argument that says our bodies don't need this. as was said our kidneys and livers do that job for us. if you feel the need to cleanse over and over, you should ask yourself what on earth you are eating to require this....and if its that horrible, why are on earth are you eating it.

Only you can determine how you will respond, but consider all the sides of something before you put your body though something.

Wishing you the best.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I find the best detox to be a large black coffee in the morning. It's very cleansing.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well it does wonders!

Name one of these so called "harmful toxins".

giphy.gif

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    21 days of very low liquid calorie? Sounds dangerous.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/detox-diets
  • Aboomya
    Aboomya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have done so much research. ... and am confident it's safe to do. Obviously not for life but a short amount of time. Some ppl have done it for up to 40 days.

The last time I did it. I wasn't hungry at all. Had so much enegery. Still worked out 4 days a week. Like I am now. It's just a boost to help cleanse my body. I just got back from a vaca where I ate way to much crap food from the feign country and drank way to much liquor. So..... I would like to cleanse my body after a trip like that.

I normally eat extremely healthy and am very active!
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    dont listen to the haterz op

i look forward to your progress updates
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options

I strongly encourage you to do some unbiased research on cleansing. Please don't just believe what one side says, actually with an open mind research the side of the cleansing argument that says our bodies don't need this. as was said our kidneys and livers do that job for us. if you feel the need to cleanse over and over, you should ask yourself what on earth you are eating to require this....and if its that horrible, why are on earth are you eating it.

Only you can determine how you will respond, but consider all the sides of something before you put your body though something.

Wishing you the best.[/quote]

I second this. Our bodies are a very effective system and we filter and 'cleanse' ourselves without these super restrictive plans. If this were really the safest, most effective way to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight every one would be doing it and there would be no obesity epidemic. Please be careful.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Well it does wonders!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
This discussion has been closed.