Just got my fitbit one.. Help!

Determinedtoloseliz
Determinedtoloseliz Posts: 89 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok so I just got my fitbit one in the post, i set it up to my phone app but it doesn't give any other instructions.

Does it take a while before my fitbit learns my HR etc to get a more accurate calorie count?
Do I need the bluetooth turned on on my phone at all times to use it or is this just to sync the data?
Will the steps tracked be accurate if i wear the fitbit on my bra?
Do i link mfp and my fitbit app or the fitbit one?

Any other help and advice would be appreciated, I want to make the most out of my new device!

Oh also, i want to change the sleep tracker to pick up slight movements how do i do this?

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    I don't believe the One tracks heart rate so nothing to worry about there.

Bluetooth only to sync, so several times a day maybe.

Yes

Link the MFP apps and fitbit apps in the settings section of both apps/devices. I found it easier to do from the websites rather than the apps.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    The fitbit one doesn't do HR - it's never going to learn your HR.

I leave the Bluetooth on all the time to sync - but that will drain your battery faster. You could turn it on JUST to sync, but I find that a pain. My phone has decent enough battery life that it hasn't been an issue for me.

I do seem to get around the same number of steps if it's clipped to my bra - I don't do that as often, but it's a nice option when you're wearing a dress.

MFP will link to the app.
  • Determinedtoloseliz
    Determinedtoloseliz Posts: 89 Member
    Thanks both!