gift for a 12 year-old girl

Options
StrongAndHealthyMommy
StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
Hello!!!!

I need ideas for a 12 year-old..... I don't want to just give her a gift card....

I don't really know what I could get her.....

Replies

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Tell me what you know about this girl. What's she into? I'll see what I can come up with. I have 13, 11 and 10 year old girls. :)
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    that's the super hard part.. I know nothing about this girl.... she is one of my friend's daughter, an she only come around to say hello.... and most of the time we are out, she is with her friends....
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have 11 & 10 yo girls. I know you don't want to hear this but::: they are into: money, LOL

Seriously: earrings, clothing, hair accessories, bling stuff (neat writing accessories, cool belts, nail polish - the more unusual the better). Also, money (and I tunes cards).

If they have an ipod or ipad - I can't go wrong with buying an accessory for it...
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    My go-to for my daughters' girly-type friends is nail polish. A few different colors and throw in a fun nail file or other things like that.

For the tomboys, movie passes or board games are fun. In my family, we have a tradition of giving eachother puzzles. Not boring jigsaw puzzles though. Puzzles like this: http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Perplexus-3D-Puzzle-Ball/7870441/product.html?refccid=UBT3QNWKE25354CIXG7YEA2GJM&searchidx=2.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    she doesn't use make up yet....

she likes hello kitty, cartoons, and the walking dead...

I was thinks about giving her a purse.... but what brand?? Jessica Simpson? fossil?
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    My go-to for my daughters' girly-type friends is nail polish. A few different colors and throw in a fun nail file or other things like that.

For the tomboys, movie passes or board games are fun. In my family, we have a tradition of giving eachother puzzles. Not boring jigsaw puzzles though. Puzzles like this: http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Perplexus-3D-Puzzle-Ball/7870441/product.html?refccid=UBT3QNWKE25354CIXG7YEA2GJM&searchidx=2.

Thank you!!!!!!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    Purses are fun too! If she doesn't seem like a brand-conscious girl, ask your friend about her favorite colors. I got my step-daughter a purse when she turned 8. I didn't have much guidance, so I got her a "fancy" purse. You know, the kind that goes well with a little black dress. :)

Or a make up case. Remember Caboodles? :) You can still find them at Walmart. If she's not into makeup, she can use it to organize craft supplies or fishing tackle or something.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    I have 11 & 10 yo girls. I know you don't want to hear this but::: they are into: money, LOL

Seriously: earrings, clothing, hair accessories, bling stuff (neat writing accessories, cool belts, nail polish - the more unusual the better). Also, money (and I tunes cards).

If they have an ipod or ipad - I can't go wrong with buying an accessory for it...

she just got an ipad.... Thank you!!!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    you girls are awesome!!!

thank you soo much!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    VIsa gift card. That way she can buy what she wants.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Posters, my daughter is around that age and anything One Direction she goes nuts over.
    I try and find unique posters and get those for her.
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    you could take her shopping, get your hair and nails done & go out for lunch/dinner somewhere nice :-)