Extreme exercise I can no longer manage

Options
Hi there,
After I had my son through martial arts, running and near starvation I lost three stone. Unfortunately this lifestyle is not maintainable and I've since gained 1.5 stone and feel horrible. I'm not enjoying my food, clothes and feel lethargic as with studying and being a mother theres been little time to exercise.

Fortunately my studies finish on a fortnight and I am.looking forward to straightening things out with the help of my fitness pal. I'm worried that my body was used to extreme exercise before and will find it hard to lose weight now with a less extreme approach...

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine and probably feel better too. For a while I kept thinking I needed to do more and more (30-50 mile hikes in one day, etc.) and then I admitted it hurt. I still hike and run but I enjoy them more now. I'm not knocking the true endurance folks, but it's not necessary and not for everyone.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    If you maintain a calorie deficit you will lose weight. To not do so would go against science. Eat less than you burn on a daily basis and it will happen.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Eat fewer calories than you burn and all will be well. I've never seen any evidence that your body gets used to exercise and requires more and more to get the same effect. (You don't have to exercise at all to lose weight, but it helps and it's good for your health).
  • debradugas9
    debradugas9 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You will be fine...slow and steady!!