Sick and dizzy from preworkout drink

Options
gl6h2
gl6h2 Posts: 28 Member
I took this pre workout and made me feel so sick and dizzy. I couldn't even complete my workout with this pre workout. I took this like 2 hrs ago and still feel sick and dizzy!

What do you guys do when this happens to you? I really want to know because this sickness is killing me and I don't know what to do

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    No, MR. HYDE contains approximately 2-3 times the amount of caffeine as most other pre workouts so only 1 scoop is needed.

There is your problem right there. It contains 419 mg's of caffeine, no wonder you feel sick. I would drink plenty of water, and try to rest. You have to wait for the affects of the caffeine to wear off.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Drink LOTS of water. Caffeine is processed by the kidneys so the only way to get rid of all of the caffeine is water. Then promise NEVER to drink that drink again!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    stop using it. find something else that works caffeine is usually in those products. do you have an allergy to caffeine?
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes, read the contents and u can check with US Fda on some products
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I gave away my Mr. Hyde after a few uses. It's the most hardcore pre-workout I've tried. Starting with that stuff is like giving a teen driver a 3000 horsepower pro-street car for their learner's permit test.

Take something much, MUCH more mild.
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    gl6h2 wrote: »
    I took this pre workout and made me feel so sick and dizzy. I couldn't even complete my workout with this pre workout. I took this like 2 hrs ago and still feel sick and dizzy!

What do you guys do when this happens to you? I really want to know because this sickness is killing me and I don't know what to do

Stop drinking it. Lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    The only pre-workout that has ever made me feel horrible was ESP. I had to leave my workout. I went home and all I could do was lie in bed and wait it out.

Find something more mild.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You need to drink a lot of water as other suggested. A pre-workout isn't really needed. Though I would suggest drinking a protein shake after a workout to help with muscle repair.
  • arditarose
    Options
    trueblu3 wrote: »
    I don't see the point in pre workout to be honest they all make me feel sick. If you can't get yourself motivated enough to workout in the first place it's a bad job. Just the thought of a good workout gets me on a high everyday

Well that's nice for you
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    The only pre-workout that has ever made me feel horrible was ESP. I had to leave my workout. I went home and all I could do was lie in bed and wait it out.

Or the preferred option skip it.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

Or the preferred option skip it.

Or if you don't wan to-don't :)
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Last time I took a pre-workout I had an amazing session where I felt like I could do loads and indeed did. But later that day I felt sick, which isn't a price worth paying. Another pre-workout I took before that also dried my lips out for some reason. Better off just getting pre-workout nutrition on point.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I take a stimulant free pre-workout. (Labrada) It tastes awful, but it does help me get through my workouts after long work days. If I am running, I drink creatine instead. I don't use either one every workout.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I started using Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy. It can be used as a pre-workout, but I drink it during my workouts. It has a small amount of caffeine, and I have had no ill side affects taking it.
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Only one pre-workout I've ever seen research showing efficacy is caffeine. That stuff in coffee, so just pound a trenta iced coffee from Starbucks prior.