Strength training results- put em' up plz

Options
ZRx4
ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
Hi all, new to SL 5x5, about a month in and I'm dying to see some of your results with the program. Post height and weight, as well as duration. Let's see how BULKY you ladies are!!!

Replies

• ZRx4
    Options
    Incredible results! It motivates me to keep working hard, I'm dying to lose the last few pounds and tone up. How much weight are you guys lifting?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    randeortiz wrote: »
    Incredible results! It motivates me to keep working hard, I'm dying to lose the last few pounds and tone up. How much weight are you guys lifting?
    This is where I'm at after my workout hiatus:
    Squat- 115 lbs (working on 120)
    Bench - 60 lbs (working on 65)
    Deadlift - 130 lbs (working on 140)
    OHP - 50 lbs (working on 55)
    Barbell Row - 60 lbs (working on 65 lbs)

Progress was really slow for me last year, but I chalked that up to being sick a lot and being in a calorie deficit. These are the weights I left off on last fall (didn't take me long to get back to them). Currently I haven't lifted since the 2nd, because of an injury (not weight related...it happened while I was running). I'm hoping be able to get back to lifting next week (really really excited to be squatting almost my bodyweight...though the first day back I will probably deload).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

For reps or 1 rep maxes?
    Squat-200 1rm
    Deadlift-235 1rm
    Bench-105 1rm
    OHP- Probably 70. I hate them.

For barbell rows I can row up to about 115 for reps of 5. I don't know. Lots of lifts. I hit a decent amount of volume every week.
  • ZRx4
    edited April 2016
    Options

How do you know when to do 1rm vs 5? I've been kinda hunting around and haven't found much info on that. I've just been increasing by 5 weekly and completing the 5x5. I did deload some tho, as I went from machines to free weights(totally different feeling). I do a short piyo warm up and then go straight into lifting whatever weight I'm supposed to, is that wrong or am I supposed to do 1x5 with bar, 1x5 some weight, 1x5 current weight for the day etc or 5x5 all the weight? So for example, I squat 60 currently and do all the weight from beginning. You gals look awesome, sorry this is turning into Q and A haha.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    In to look at the ladies and stalk some IGs ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    How do you know when to do 1rm vs 5? I've been kinda hunting around and haven't found much info on that. I've just been increasing by 5 weekly and completing the 5x5. I did deload some tho, as I went from machines to free weights(totally different feeling). I do a short piyo warm up and then go straight into lifting whatever weight I'm supposed to, is that wrong or am I supposed to do 1x5 with bar, 1x5 some weight, 1x5 current weight for the day etc or 5x5 all the weight? So for example, I squat 60 currently and do all the weight from beginning. You gals look awesome, sorry this is turning into Q and A haha.

1RM is just for fun, to see how much you can do. It's not actually incorporated in the SL workout. I can 1RM way more than I can do 5X5. I did 1RM for my birthday in March.

1RM squat - 250, 5X5 squat 191
    1RM deads - 245, 1X5 deads - 225
    1RM bench - 135, 5X5 bench - 126.

That was my first time ever trying 1RM. There are things I will do different next time (increase weight slower) and I expect I'll get better numbers.
  • ZRx4
    Options
    Here ya go! I think I need a new "after" pic again, actually. 41 years old, 5'9", 174.4 pounds as of this morning.

Current rep lifts -
    Squat - 191 pounds (I bought fractional plates)
    Bench - 126 pounds
    OHP - 80.5 pounds
    Rows - 116 pounds
    Deads - 225 pounds

vplhdf94dgt7.jpg

lmlalp5msf7j.jpg

And my current favorite photo of myself!

5r6y6sttxft4.jpg

Wow, you've completely changed your body in like 6 months! Great job! I can't wait to lift heavier. I'm going very slow, I don't want to start bad habits or lift incorrectly.

You ladies are getting me all pumped, for what's to come! I can't wait to be super BULKY too!!
  • Trinique34
    Trinique34 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    incredible results - can I ask you ladies how many calories/carbs/fat/protein you're eating each week?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Trinique34 wrote: »
    incredible results - can I ask you ladies how many calories/carbs/fat/protein you're eating each week?

193 grams of carbs, 145 grams protein, 64 grams fat - 40/30/30

1930 calories per day - eating at a deficit. Maintenance for me is approximately 2200 calories per day.

I really just shoot to hit my protein macro. Usually the other two come in pretty close if I do that.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Averages for my total intake are:
    1,800 - 2000 total calories per day for weight loss
    2300 total calories per day to maintain current weight

I try for at least 80 g protein a day with an ideal of around 100 g. I just kind of let carbs and fat fall where they may.
  • arditarose
    Options

I only test my 1 rm once in awhile when I'm feeling up for it. It's a personal decision for me. I'm not training for any powerlifting meets or anything.

I do do warm up sets though, gradually building up to my working sets and sometimes I'll just do even one rep to "feel the weight" on the bar if it's heavy day.
  • arditarose
    Options

I maintain on 1800
    I lose on about 1400-1600. Currently my protein is between 110-130g, fat around 40-50, rest in carbs.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Oh I should also mention I don't currently do 5x5, but I have. I did it during the final months of trying to cut to get lean enough for a bulk. It was a beast because I was in a deficit, edging toward an intermediate lifter. Eventually I stalled out hard.
  • ZRx4
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I maintain on 1800
    I lose on about 1400-1600. Currently my protein is between 110-130g, fat around 40-50, rest in carbs.

Thanks for the info! I'm really looking forward to eventually posting my own success pics.
  • ZRx4
    Options
    CJMQ wrote: »
    Not specifically SL 5x5 but use it as a resource for my solo lifting! This is about 2.5 years, and a five-pound bodyweight difference. I've cycled through a couple disorganized seasonal cuts and bulks and adding heavy lifting and crossfit in the past year. I'm 5'7" currently around 150 lb. In a small deficit for summer and looking to lean out more- expecting to like 145.

6m6s79ya81rb.jpg
    r4jyengtqhu1.jpg

Omg you look awesome!! I'm also 5'7" and currently 155. If I could look like you at 150, I'd be happy! Do you do cardio too?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!