where to start??

I'm new to the whole loosing weight, this is actually my first time trying. I'm trying to see where do I start? Help!

Replies

• AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Here's what you're gonna do. Punch in all of your info into mfp and tell it you want to maintain weight. Log everything you eat and drink, drink more water if you don't already. If you're eating over maintenance, you'll want to start cutting portions until you're at maintenance. After a couple weeks cut to a 500 calorie deficit. This way its not jumping in with both feet shock. If you're gonna fall off its because you're doing too much at first and it's a major change in life. That's my suggestion. As you get a bit further in, start going for a walk every day.. say 30 minutes if you're not active right now.
  • Tempest07
    Tempest07 Posts: 256 Member
    Hey Angel,
    Basically you want to eat less than your body will use throughout the day. Your body requires energy from calories, and when it doesn't get enough from your diet, it pulls it from 'storage' like fat. That's weight loss in a nut shell.

So the first step is determining how many calories you use a day, then you'll want to eat less than that. There are several online calculators, and even MyFitnessPal app will help determine that total amount for you.

Input your numbers into the app and it should give you an idea. Once you have your total number of calories a day, you'll want to log what you eat into the app. By logging all your foods you will get a very accurate idea of how much you should eat a day to achieve your goal. Less guess-work!

Do that for x amount of time until your goal is met. If you have additional questions there are a ton of support people here. Good luck!

Brian