My weightloss

Options
Hi! So, clearly I'm a newbie... and as you can see this little collage shows my weightloss from my starting point in November 2011 up until yesterday. I have lost roughly 140lbs (my top weight wouldn't even register on the scales) up to now, and am at my last 30lbs to lose. So I'm just looking for a little advice and support to get me to the end!

999496_144191249118079_208945627_n_zpsef56bc6b.jpg

Replies

• allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Whatever you're doing, keep doing it! It's obviously working. You're probably getting to a point where you need to start eating a "little" more and losing a little slower so when you reach your goal and maintenance, you'll be right on track as far as your eating and exercising go. I've read that it can be a good idea to stop at 5 pounds lower than goal, because when you quit eating at a deficit, your body will put on about 5 pounds in "glycogen muscle stores". Don't forget that this is a life journey, so you'll need to continue working at it "forever". Occasional lapses won't hurt you, but returning to your old lifestyle will potentially send you back to "Start".
  • bombthecherry
    Options
    Thanks allshebe, really helpful advice, much appreciated :)
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! I say continue doing what you're doing. It's working! I'm at my last 20 -25 lbs and I find that I have periods of getting tired from counting every calorie, carb, etc. I tend to have off days when I get to that point. I usually eat things I shouldn't (I eat low carb) and then I have that overly full feeling that I hate. One day off is enough for me to get back right on track with renewed energy to keep going. I don't like how I feel when I eat sugar or other carby foods. I find that aiming for something helps me stick to it. I'm currently aiming for Aug. 31 when a photographer friend offered to take my "after" shots. I need short term goals to keep reaching for.
  • bombthecherry
    Options
    Thankfully I stopped counting all the calories and stuff a long time ago, but I know what you mean! And good luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!