Would love some supportive friends on here.

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Kayla and I started this journey a little over a week ago. It hasn't been the easiest since I believe I have a food addiction (is that even real?). I have tried MFP at least twice already and quit both times and this time I'm really pushing hard. Trying not to binge is really hard for me. Anyone else have this problem? Please send a friends request if you would like to. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• mickeyward84
    mickeyward84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes absolutely a thing. Food stimulates the Nucleus Accumbens. Same area of the brain that gets stimulated for drugs or sex. Food is very addictive. Anyways, good luck on your journey ;) you can add me as a friend for support if you want ;)
  • lovemykiddos91
    lovemykiddos91 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :) deffinately have a long way to go though.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    3rd times a charm :smile: This is my 3rd time and I've finally had some success. There's lots and lots of different options on how to lose weight. I finally found one that worked for me due to this forum. You can add me if you want I have an open diary. Be warned I don't eat all that great, but I'm still maintaining and this week I think I'm finally going to see a loss from before the holidays. Those darn goodies put me back 4 months, but I was so close to goal I kind of planned on it.
  • mickeyward84
    mickeyward84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Also a thing that really helped me was to focus on working out. I researched exercises and looked at how each one actually burns calories. For some reason it blew my mind when I found out walking 3 miles burns approximately the same calories as running 3 miles.
    http://walking.about.com/od/calorie1/a/calorieswalkrun.htm
    You can look at above website. Of course running burns a little more and in shorter time. There are several factors that go into calorie burning, But if you break it down it's very close in the end. Anyways that helped me. Just knowing that if I walked 3 miles I was kicking butt. Slowing getting faster. Good luck ;)