New to site, need to lose 85 pounds.

Options
Hi, I am trying this program. Is any one out there that has to lose the same amount or close to it and we can do it together? I have been very unhappy with my self lately and have no energy. I want to feel good about myself again. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• vec2013
    vec2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have about 60 to lose. Let me know how I can help.
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know the feeling! I want to lose 125 pounds and it can seem like such a distant goal. We can do this! Feel free to add me.
  • Teddybear6803
    Teddybear6803 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will add you both. I need all the encouragement and accountability I can get.
  • tiggerwing32809
    Options
    I have a 100 lbs that I want to loose. I love this app and how it helps support people and everyone motivates each other on their journey. Each person is different but one thing is everyone needs encouragement along the way. I will add you! Good luck on your journey and for taking the first steps in being healthier. :)
  • Davesgrl_92
    Options
    I'm new here too & have about 90 to lose. You may add me :)
  • HJMAYES
    HJMAYES Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 25 so far - and when it's all said and done hope to lose another 18-20 (135 is my goal). Feel free to add me, I'm not perfect, but my diary is open and I try to be motivational. :)
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to friend me.
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, the more friends the merrier! :happy: I'm usually on everyday so I can help support and motivate you!
  • NoExcusesAllProgress
    NoExcusesAllProgress Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The biggest words of advice I can give are these:

1)Things happen and we all slip from time to time. Get back on the horse and keep going.
    2)There are no small accomplishments. Ever ounce lost is that much closer to your goal.
    3)You're never alone. We're all here with common goals, trials, and tribulations.
  • Shaylam82
    Shaylam82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 80 lbs. Down 20 so far :) Feel free to add me.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    i'm definitely not the most motivational, I honestly hardly post on people's walls or comment on their status... BUT i just wanted to say you can do this. I'm down 106 in the past year. It IS POSSIBLE!!!
  • AmyP2004
    AmyP2004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined and my goal is 86 lbs - so we're really close! I'd love some help getting and staying motivated!
  • nomesw84
    nomesw84 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm about a quarter through my goal so it is possible! Still just under 100lbs to go though so lots to do!
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi, I felt so much like you at the end of last year! I joined on Dec. 31, with 78 pounds to lose. Goal for this year was to lose 48 of them.

Looks like I'll make it with some room to spare. So far, I've lost 42 pounds, I'm exercising every day. When I started, my size 20 pants were straining on me and I had to make sure my tops were long enough to hide the fact that the snaps kept popping open. Now I'm very comfortably in a size14. My blood pressure is down to 110/70.

you're welcome to add me.
  • buffermarie
    buffermarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've lost approx 40, but am looking to drop another 30ish...
    I am on here every day and would love to support you!
    Feel free to add me :)
    Good luck!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've been on here for 15 months now and 58 lbs down. I have 100 to lose in total and wanted to lose it over 2 years.

Take each day as it comes and make small changes. Dont deny your favourite foods just have smaller portions and work it into your calories.

Any exercise is better than none and keep trying. If you hate it try something different.

Give yourselves small goals and targets to reach. Dont be put off by others doing better or quicker - slow and steady is the best way and its not a race.

You will have days/weeks when you fall of the wagon - just get back on here and try again (nobody is perfect).

Good luck everyone.
  • librarianjenne
    librarianjenne Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started out with about 80-85 to lose (but only joined MFP 10 pounds ago.) You can do it!
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi I want to lose 100 but set a smaller goal of 70.I'll decide what to do when I get to 70 downFeel free to add me.
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello there,
    I am a newly RETURNING member and am totally motivated but I can always use more would love to be an inspiration to you.
    I HAD 104 lbs to lose and since May 20, 13 ... I have lost 23 ... Yea i have lost this much a few times in the past BUT I have never felt this motivated and determined ... The first thing I did when I started my weight loss journey was to go online and look up how everyone else did it ... I didn't want anything fancy ( no surgeries ( no offense, because thats what I wanted for a long time) no pills, no weight watchers (that I had to pay for), just simple at home remedies ... and one day I read 62 stories and all but 4 had one thing in common ... " REMOVE PROCESSED FOODS, CONTROL PORTIONS, FIND AND THEN AVOID TRIGGER FOODS, AND GET UP AND GET MOVING" and thats what I did... Its been a little over a month and I feel great! I am addicted (once again) to working out ... I am beginning to memorize labels and calorie counts on my usual foods and I WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING ... even if its just a sample of food. Welcome aboard ... Good Luck and God Bless
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I joined about a month ago and have lost ten so far, but 75 to go so we are pretty similar. Feel free to add me!