Exercise Pain!

Options
Ok so this is probably a bit of a silly post and kinder like state the obvious but I'm new to working out and I ache so bad after I do and worst for the next few days.. Is it still ok to workout? I mean I don't want to give myself any injuries :|

Replies

• coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yes. In fact, light exercise the following day does relieve DOMS for most people. However, you shouldn't be working the same groups every day. Gains happen on rest days.
  • sachasalviax
    sachasalviax Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    No Pain No gain!! Try some less light excerise like walking, squats.
  • sachasalviax
    Options
    It was a squat workout that's got me into this mess loool! :D and yeah defo no pain no gain! :#
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @sachasalviax I am on the same state pain through squats, I did not try before so its hurting, walk is best choice.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    For the first few leg days, I ended up walking like a cowboy still in the saddle for a couple of days afterwards.

Good news? DOMS passes, eventually. Bad news? You'll miss DOMS eventually.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Being sore is completely normal.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Completely normal! :smiley: it can take them 2- 3 days to go.

I push through them (don't get them much now except on lifting days) and continue to exercise, even just walking. You will get used to it and the DOMS wont be as bad, until you change your workout. I miss them as there's such satisfaction that new muscles are being worked :smiley:
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    DOMS = delayed onset muscle soreness. Its normal when doing a new exercise / new rep ranges. Its fine, just hydrate and stretch and take 1 rest day or 2 if you need it. Soon, you won't ever get DOMS until you try something new again (meaning DOMS is not an indicator if you 'worked hard enough').
  • sachasalviax
    Options
    Thanks guys! But I think I might have actually injured myself :s