Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for friends to stay on track with exercise and eating right

Hello! My name is Elisabeth I am 50 and the mom of seven beautiful people, 29years old down to a six year old ltitle girl who is an incredible blessing to all of us .

I went through surgical menopause a few years ago and things just haven't been the same for me since then. It really messed my body up, and yet the endometriosis was so incredibly painful I could barely deal with it anymore so what other option was there? When they doctors went in, it was everywhere and took over 6 hours to clean it out as best they could.
Going through the menopause was awful and there was nobody to hold my hand or offer any helpful words other than to offer drugs like antidepressants. ...God knows I was depressed but a drug wouldn't fix it. I was mourning all I lost and that sense of normalcy. Heck I couldn't even sleep normally!
So with all that said, I have a goal and am ready to meet it and keep it! I would love to make new friends and encourage eachother along the way.
I love meeting new people.

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Hi Elisabeth. I'm 47 and mother to 3 bio kids and 2 stepkids. I had my last child six years ago as well and my oldest is 20 - so we have similar situations. I would love to be your friend and a support system to you if you want to add me. :) I had a tubal six years ago and it changed me drastically as well so I'm here for you.
  • traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    Hello Elizabeth. I'm 46 and have four children - ages 26, 24, 18, & 2. I'm so happy to hear about all your little blessings but I'm sorry to hear about you having to have a surgical menopause. That sounds very hard. I struggle every day with trying to meet my goal. I've realized that I need to take each day, one step at a time. That's the only thing that has worked for me. I haven't had to go through menopause yet but I'm here for you, if you want to add me as a friend. Feel free to leave me a message and I'll get back to you.
  • Karen0477
    Karen0477 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi!! I'm 39 and was diagnosed just last week with endometriosis. It's everywhere including my bladder and bowel. They are talking medication to treat and suppress. I'm very concerned about my bladder and bowel involvement. I have 3 children aged 11, 9 and 2, I feel extremely lucky to have them!!

I'm going to start getting myself healthy and losing weight as I know it can only help, especially with further surgery on the horizon. Plus I need something else to focus on as I have been very down since the diagnosis!