Don't Let People Judge You

Options
There's a lot of people here who are either, insecure, depressed, feeling low, feeling isolated etc etc. The list is endless.

I want to tell you people something.

Do me a favour, look at yourself in the mirror, and love what you see. Tell yourself that you are great and do not give a single **** what people may say or think about you. No matter your race, weight or anything else... it does not matter. You were born like this and you will die like this. It's just the way life is. If you feel like you're the runt of the litter and that life is an every day struggle, then don't! You're a ****ing fantastic human being who is equal just like everybody else on this planet.

I too felt like this a very long time ago and seeing people like this reminds me of the old me. I had a hard time growing up. I was over weight, had crooked teeth, acne, got called names for not being white and pale like most Irish kids in school, had "friends" who used to like talking behind my back.

One day I woke up and told myself enough is enough.

Some human beings can be pretty god damn nasty and will continue to be until the end of time. You must forget about these people. They are not worth one second of your time. You're better than them. Their opinions and remarks DO NOT matter.

Learn not to give a ****. Master and you will live a much happier life. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience.

I went from a shy boy, hiding in shadows to a confident person who stands up for himself.

Life is too short. Enjoy it while you can.

I just want to let you guys know that you are freaking awesome and I love you <3

Replies

• Chlochloeaway
    Options
    <3
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    I needed this, so uplifting :)!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    awwwww muffin, what a sweet thang to say!! Have a beautiful day and life :flowerforyou:
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    You too =)
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You're dead right, Seefylol. Toxic people aren't worth it, let them stew in their own poison.

Search out the lovely people, the kind, generous, loving people, and spend as much of your time and energy as you can with them, because they're out there as well xxxx
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    thats real nice :) thank you!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    my friend and i call those people "joy stealers"
    don't let them steal YOUR joy! :heart:
  • jennide
    jennide Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Seefylol, You are such a great person to post this, It is so true. I recently had to tell someone who has been in my life for years & years (friend of my long time friends) that I will no longer be associating with her. She is SO negative at all times, she may be making remarks on my weight, or my hair or my parenting styles or my house... Whatever she can to try to bring me down. I am so proud of myself for finally saying "Enough!!" But I needed someone else to validate my feelings because since then she has sent me an email, not apologizing but just trying to say how she is joking when she says those things... But after reading this, I know I don't need this person around me, for any reason!! THANK YOU!!!!
  • jennide
    jennide Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    my friend and i call those people "joy stealers"
    don't let them steal YOUR joy! :heart:

^^ LOVE THIS!!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    Beautiful post! Thank you. Through the hardships & negativity in my life I've always turned to biblical quotes to keep me going.:heart:
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Go you, :D<3
  • Chlochloeaway
    Options
    One of my favourite posts I've read in a very long time :)
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    It's nice to see this post makes people feel better :)
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bump. Obsessed with this post!!! :love:
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    fantastic comment
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love love love this post <3

Uplifting, positive and 100% accurate. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of you, it matters what you think of yourself. And that's usually the real problem, and the real place to start.
  • Heriackonope
    Options
    Awesome post. Thank you!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Exactly what I needed today. Thank you!