Who's eating sandwiches for lunch?

Options
Hey my new favourite lunch is sandwiches and a small salad. Who else eats sandwiches almost daily and would you share what kind, I am looking for new sandwich ideas.

Thanks

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat a sandwich and if I do I only eat half because of the calories or sodium in the food I put on them. I don't care for deli meat much but at times will eat turkey or ham.

pimento cheese
    banana and mayo
    banana and PB
    veggie sandwich w/oil & vinegar
    egg & cheese
    tomato and mayo in the summer
    BLT w/Canadian bacon or turkey bacon
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I am having Subway for lunch today. My favorites are the Veggie delight, oven roasted chicken or turkey and ham.

I like sandwiches but don't eat them at home or for work that often. At home I love a BLT or just fresh tomato and mayo.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I eat sandwiches quite often, but usually dinner, not lunch. My favorite are grilled ham and cheese. Sometimes I'll make grilled ham and cheese on flour tortillas with tomato rice soup. I think i'm gonna do this tonight, actually, now that we're talking about it.

I had a Jersey Mike's roast beef and provolone last weekend. I hadn't had one of those in a couple of years. I might have to get me some sliced deli roast beef when I go shopping because I forget just how good it is.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I just had corned beef and brown mustard on rye.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Used to eat liver wurst with onion and mustard. Not so much anymore. Normally 1 piece of Oroweat with home grilled chicken with mayo and lettuce. Sometimes I'll make a chicken salad out of it, or left over pork chops. Couple days of either tuna or salmon salad.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 oz of Boars Head honey maple turkey, with Sara Lee 45 cal bread, mustard, and a lot of spinach (to make the sandwich really fat). My co-workers call it my spinach sandwich.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey my new favourite lunch is sandwiches and a small salad. Who else eats sandwiches almost daily and would you share what kind, I am looking for new sandwich ideas.

Thanks

I eat sandwiches sometimes.
    Egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, ham salad
    Peanut butter
    Ham and cheese
    Turkey, spinach, tomato
    Bbq chicken
    Buffalo chicken and mozzarella
    Meatball sandwich
    Veggie burger
    Gyro
    Grilled cheese
    Reuben sandwich- corned beef, saurkraut, swiss cheese, thousand island dressing on rye bread
    Club sandwich
    Blt sandwich
    Sloppy joe
    Philly cheesesteak

You might find some good sandwich ideas on Pinterest.
  • Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty basic - ham, olive mayo, sharp cheddar, spicy mustard, spinach and tomato. However I like to have cottage cheese with mine. Sometimes I'll add a half serving of Doritos and crush them up in the cottage cheese =D
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I usually have a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast (3 layers if I'm feeling really hungry) I missed bread so much when I was low carb, it's a beautiful simple carrying device for fillings.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    love sandwiches like jersey mikes/jimmy johns/cheba hut. I could eat 45 a day haha. Sodium kills me and i retain water super easy.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I had a pb and j today, though i only made half of a sandwich. And had some carrots. :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    I usually have a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast (3 layers if I'm feeling really hungry) I missed bread so much when I was low carb, it's a beautiful simple carrying device for fillings.

Bread is one of the greatest things our species has invented.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My husband has a sandwich almost daily. Usually Ham and chicken with Muenster cheese on a French bread roll then he bakes it for 10 mins and then finishes with some spinach leaves, Tomato and a little bit of Hellman's.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Tuna melt! We have a toaster oven at work and now all my "sandwiches" go in there. Having an open face sandwich saves me the calories of the 2nd slice of bread, which I "trade" for full fat cheese slices :smiley: I do that for tuna, turkey, chicken, you name it. Always melted on cheese!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Today I had roasted turkey breast on a fold it with Dijon mustard and sprouts. My favorite for lunch.
    Breakfast is poached egg on English muffin with Canadian bacon.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I had a "burrito" of sorts. With a "flatout" wrap. It was yummy.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I love potbelly sandwiches cause they tell you how many calories are in each order. Hummus makes a great substitute for condiments & olive oil instead of mayo for tuna & chicken salads
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing almost every day (not a diet thing, but makes logging easy).

4oz boars head turkey
    2 natural wraps
    spring lettuce blend
    pickles
    sun dried tomatoes
    1/2 avocado
    mustard
    sriracha

I look forward to lunch every day.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I love sandwiches for lunch.

This week I did whole wheat roll, smear of mustard mayo, and .5 oz of provolone on top roll, 1.5 ounces each of low salt turkey and ham on bottom. Cooked at 400 in toaster oven for 5 minutes. Topped meat with pickle and slapped together. Soooo good.

Otherwise I do lean burgers, 93%, or turkey burgers with .5 oz cheese slice and mustard.

A lot of grilled marinated chicken breast with lettuce tomato and mustard. I cut a bunch of breasts in half, pound them, marinate them for a couple days, grill them and keep them in the fridge for sandwiches for the week.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly. :wink: