What is your favourite store bought low carb snack?

I want to move beyond peanuts ....

Replies

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Beef jerky.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Hard salami
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Cheese.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Rotisserie chicken.
  • Adi4Fitness
    Adi4Fitness Posts: 97 Member
    I heard good things about beef jerky ... they are supposed to be flavoured?
    how do you eat hard salami though? Just cut a slice and eat it? aren't they just processed meat with no flavours?
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    I like plain and peppered beef jerky. They don't have to be flavored, but they can be. You might end up with more sugars if you get a bbq or teriyaki flavor.

And you can buy sliced hard salami from the deli. Or pre-packaged slices. (At least you can in the US) It's good rolled up with a smear of cream cheese and chives or jalapeno if you don't like it plain. But I happen to think the flavor of salami is good on its own.
  • Adi4Fitness
    Adi4Fitness Posts: 97 Member
    cool, good to know . I am definitely trying to avoid sugars...
  • youngandaspiringxo
    youngandaspiringxo Posts: 74 Member
    100 calorie pack cashews. Dill pickle flavor is the best! Only 5 carbs.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Beyond peanuts, there are a wide variety of nuts out there (my favs are almonds, cashews, and macadamias). Pork rinds come to mind as a good low carb snack. (I'm assuming by store bought snacks you mean stuff that doesn't require cooking?). Jerky, hard salami or smoked sausage (yes they are processed meats, but since you are asking about snacks I'm thinking small portions now and then aren't a big deal), deli meat roll ups (with or without cheese), precut veggies with guacamole (check ingredients on the guac, and no it isn't as good as homemade, but it sounds like you are looking for convenience). Full fat plain Greek yogurt. Honestly, eating LCHF makes me less inclined to snack in the first place (the meals are so filling I can easily go from one meal to the next without getting hungry), but until I got to that point I relied on a variety if nuts, cheese, and deli meat roll ups as a "go to" snack. A couple squares of good dark chocolate can also be nice (the higher percentage of cocoa the better).
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    can of tuna with some mayo
  • youngandaspiringxo
    youngandaspiringxo Posts: 74 Member

Lol just saw the "I want to move away from nuts" part. I'd say cheese then or hummus.
  • freckles2002
    freckles2002 Posts: 55 Member
    Quest bars
  • gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    tuna
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    skinnypop <3
    Yummy!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Quest bars.
    Greek yogurt.
    Jerky.
    Tuna with mayo
    Gardenburger patty with cheese.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member

Why would you do that to perfectly good cashews? :cry:

Jerky is good, popcorn in individual serving bags (keep in mind your end result may not be the calories the package says unless you weigh), plain yogurt/greek yogurt if you like it (since you're avoiding sugars), veggie chips, black olives (you can find to go containers, but more expensive than portioning your own).
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    My favorite is probably some yummy Boar's Head stuff from the deli plus a pickle spear or maybe two.

Think the rest has already been mentioned.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Greek yogurt or cottage cheese and an apple.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Hard boiled eggs.
  • cate320
    cate320 Posts: 130 Member
    edited April 2016
    Cocoa roasted almonds. The vanilla ones are pretty good too.
    String cheese
    Sunflower seeds
    Pepperoni
    Tuna Creations pouches
    Raspberries
    Broccoli florets and dip - I really like the feta and sundried tomato flavour archer farms dip.
    Sugar Free Jello