Gps/HRM

Options
2»

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I also have a Polar M400 and chest strap sensor. At roughly $170, it has been a great running watch that also provides some basic multisport capabilities. For example, I also track cycling, swimming, and gym workouts with it. I do not sync the data with MFP, but rather use the Polar Flow app to read and track workouts as well as cumulative training load.
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well, I think it's between the garmin forerunner 230 or 235 or maybe even the 25 or the Garmin Vivoactive HR. Honestly, I think any of them would be fine and better than what I had. I just need to read up on them a little more. I also need to take a look at the Polars recommended above. So, I guess I'm at a starting point, but it's not really narrowed down. I'm trying to figure out what they mean on the Forerunner 230 when they say that it measures VO2 max. How does it do this, but the others don't?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Depends on the priorities. Garmin GPS is extremely good, their HR monitoring is a bit mediocre, Polar HR is good, their GPS is pretty mediocre. Suunto make good GPS with mediocre HR.

Essentially Garmin and Suunto compete for the top spot in the various categories, with Polar trailing in most where GPS is concerned.

Personally I'd recommend Garmin if you're running as GPS is far more important to performance. I'd also note that Garmin has much better interoperability with other services.