To those who lost 50-60 lbs and more.

Options
2»

Replies

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hi. We have similar stats. I started at 222, currently 185, goal 160. Yes I have saggy skin on my breasts. It's like they have deflated. While I'm happy they are going away (weird for a woman to say this but I've always hated my big boobs), I am saddened by them just...I don't know how to explain it....just deflated. Saggy now. Not in any way saying this will happen to you. Just my experience. I have notice no other saggy skin.

Mine are gone too. Sniff, sniff. Weren't that big to start with. This i find pretty upsetting actually. Hope my body will find other fat sitting around to get rid of and leaves boobs alone already.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    Hi. We have similar stats. I started at 222, currently 185, goal 160. Yes I have saggy skin on my breasts. It's like they have deflated. While I'm happy they are going away (weird for a woman to say this but I've always hated my big boobs), I am saddened by them just...I don't know how to explain it....just deflated. Saggy now. Not in any way saying this will happen to you. Just my experience. I have notice no other saggy skin.

Mine are gone too. Sniff, sniff. Weren't that big to start with. This i find pretty upsetting actually. Hope my body will find other fat sitting around to get rid of and leaves boobs alone already.

Yeah I was thinking of all the places I have lbs of fat sitting around it was strange my body went for the boobs, fingers, and legs first. I'm like "hello, you're free to remove fat from my stomach area now" lol.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Over 66lbs lost and I have no loose skin issues I'm not done yet as I want to lose another 9lbs but I can't imagine that those extra 9 will make a lot of difference to the current skin situation.
  • icemom011
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »

Yeah I was thinking of all the places I have lbs of fat sitting around it was strange my body went for the boobs, fingers, and legs first. I'm like "hello, you're free to remove fat from my stomach area now" lol.

Yeah, happened to me in the past too. Not sure if it works same for everyone, but apparently I'm not alone. Let's have out skinnier fingers crossed though. Haha
  • icemom011
    Options
    Our*
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I see some loose skin near on my thighs, but with the rate of loss it seems to even out. So far, I'm still losing so it's hard to say what the outcome will be!
    There have been articles on people who have had significant weight loss and have lots of loose skin that they may eventually choose to have surgically removed. A lot of it is general age and skin elasticity, how much you lost as to how your body deals with it, as was mentioned above.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My stomach looks like a shar pei, same for my inner thighs, and I have a bit of loose skin on the top of my arms too. Maybe you'll get lucky.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    There's no sense worrying about it. Some people have extra skin, some don't, some more than others. I have lost 90lb and counting and I can tell there's extra skin. However, I've been overweight since I was a young child.

It really depends on a lot of factors, but it doesn't help anything to worry about it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Went from 320 down to 140. Was morbidly obese for 35+ years. I have loose skin and flab. The flab may become loose skin if I can be bothered to lose more weight. The loose skin is there for good unless I develop some weird medical problem that will cover the cost of removal surgery.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    SW 220lb, CW 172lb with maybe another 20lb or so to go. No skin issues that I can see yet. I wasn't at my biggest for long though which I think also is a factor. Maybe 6 months to a year max, usually hovered a good 20lbs under that highest weight. I'm also small for my weight so again, not as big as some. There's so many factors involved, I'd agree it;s not worth worrying about until it happens and even then, better a healthy weight with loose skin than still dangerously overweight.