How to set up a way to maintain your current weight

I don't know where to look, but I've read that you can set up a goal for maintaining weight. Where do I go to do this. I'm so happy to say that I've accomplished my goal and I'd like to stay here but without my fitness pal helping me, I won't be able to do it. So please someone, please tell me where to go to set this up. Thank you!

Replies

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    In your settings set MFP to maintain weight

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    And congratulations! you can do this too. :)
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    edited April 2016
    Congratulations! Ain't it a great feeling? :smiley:

The goal-setting dropdown is the very last item on the page that BurnWithBarn2015 gave you.

For what it's worth, what I did was give myself a 5-pound goal range. That isn't something you can set with MPF, but MFP still recognizes "maintain" as a goal. I won't set it to gain or lose unless I've been significantly below or a couple pounds above goal for at least several days, which hasn't happened so far.

FWIW2, here's what my one-year weight chart looks like. I went on maintenance at the start of November; the flat space marked "v" is a week of vacation at my brother's place, without a scale, just after I started maintenance. My goal range is 140-145.

I can't figure out what, if anything, caused that one-day spike in February. <shrug> It was just one day, so no big.

(edit) Yes I can - a mistyped entry. I just went and looked at the notebook I was transcribing from, and my weight that day was 139, not 149. :) Off to correct that. :-D

ycsf5m2xpd9w.png