50lbs gone

Options
I started my weight loss journey the beginning of January. As of this morning I'm down 50 pounds. I have another 75 or so pounds to go till I hit goal. I'm excited.

Replies

• MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job! How are you accomplishing your goal?
  • saishyamk
    saishyamk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats and keep going :)
  • MessyArts
    MessyArts Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Great!! Congrats!! I started in January and am at 45.

I'm doing 1200 calories, protein, vegetables and vitamins. Low on the carbs. Low sugar. Trying to do lots of water. Gym 5 days a week.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations- keep up the awesome work!
  • phillyhockeyfan
    phillyhockeyfan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have myfitnesspal set to loose 2 pounds a week (since I still have a lot to loose). I eat the amount of calories it tells me to. For the most part I'm within my calorie goals. Are there days I go over? Yes. But they are few and far between and usually planned (birthdays, special occasions, ect). I make sure I log it and get right back to the next day/next meal. I have a Fitbit and make sure I get in atleast 10k steps a day. Also I've found that drinking water helps me a lot. I have a sports bottle that refill throughout the day. I drink 4 of them a day (32 ounce bottle). I keep telling myself I'll join a gym when I get to 200. I know no one cares how fat you are at the gym, but I have a mental thing going, that I can't go to the gym fat. Another 19 pounds and I get myself in there. But loosing weight is 80% diet and 20% exersice. It's working for me now, so I'm happy.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • MrsKila
    Options

I have reduced my carbs also. My goal is to lose 35 pounds. I started April 1st and I am already down eight pounds. I can't wait till I can post that I've lost 45 pounds or 35 pounds I think that's awesome. And it's also great to know that there are other people out there that have successfully lost weight while lowering their carbs B)
  • Azyha
    Azyha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    MrsKila wrote: »
    I have reduced my carbs also. My goal is to lose 35 pounds. I started April 1st and I am already down eight pounds. I can't wait till I can post that I've lost 45 pounds or 35 pounds I think that's awesome. And it's also great to know that there are other people out there that have successfully lost weight while lowering their carbs B)

it is possible,i have lost 10 kg,,i thnk thats abt 20 pounds and so,, purely by eating low carb no exercise,,,,
  • MrsKila
    Options
    Azyha wrote: »
    MrsKila wrote: »

it is possible,i have lost 10 kg,,i thnk thats abt 20 pounds and so,, purely by eating low carb no exercise,,,,

Awesome!! How long did it take you?
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and great work!!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    That is so great!
  • launchpadmkquak
    launchpadmkquak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nice work. Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!