Cellulite!!

Options
I have been active all my life, Lately I have been doing HIIT training and running a few miles 3 days a week. I also eat a really clean diet! I would like to think I have a pretty toned body but I still have stubborn cellulite on the back of my legs!

Is there any way to get rid of this? Does heavy weight lifting help???

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Are you eating in a calorie deficit?
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    You could eat salad everyday and still gain fat believe it or not, it's all about calories in to calories out
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You can be lean and still have cellulite. Cellulite and fat are not the exact same thing.

http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fitness/the-dirty-little-secret-of-the-female-athlete-cellulite
  • soniannbowen
    soniannbowen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem! i work out 5 days a week, weight training and cardio and i follow a clean diet but still have cellulite on the back of my legs. ways of reducing the appearance are just to increase weight training in your legs, drink lots of water and try keep moving about. it forms from bad circulation, but for some of us, it cannot go completely. its just one of those things we have to accept :)
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but cellulite is not dependent upon your level of body fat. Your body fat level determines how visible it is but it's really about genetics and how the tissues between your fat cells are attached. You can't really get rid of it but just lessen the visibility. There are no exercises to remove it. Women tend to have the problem because your fact cells are stitched together different than mens.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mine disappears with strength training.
  • CoachKatie814
    CoachKatie814 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can be thin and still have cellulite, but there are things you can do to reduce the appearance. Make sure you're drinking enough water, and try foam rolling and dry brushing to increase blood flow :)
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Dry brushing and foam rolling is not really going to work. Heavy lifting helps because it builds underlying muscle causing the skin to pull tighter against the legs, thus reducing the visible puckering of the underlying fat cells. Typically, once the cellulite is there, it's not going away. You can do things to reduce it's appearance (building muscle, reducing fat, improving the elasticity of your skin). Gain weight again, or lose muscle and it will just show back up. Sad, but true. The only true way to get rid of it completely is liposuction to remove the underlying fat cells.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    if you are eating healthy, and enjoying the exercise you do you can work on learning to love your body as it is. Cellulite is not a horrible thing, its just how some women are built and its not ugly to most people, its just our uniqueness. Photoshop will take it away, otherwise just love yourself for the unique healthy person you are.
  • tatumlohse1
    tatumlohse1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for replying!
    My diet consists of protein (turkey chicken and protein powder) Ezekiel breads and lots of veggies!

I will try drinking more water and lifting more to try and gain more muscle

It's a little discouraging hearing that it might not ever go away