Good socks?

Options
So I have invested in good shoes for the gym and feel like it's time to get better socks. My cotton socks are killing my feet on sweaty cardio days. I got a nice pair with my running shoes but they cost $14 a pair and I just don't have the budget for that.....

So does anyone have any suggestions for good work out socks that aren't cotton and are a reasonable price?

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i'm all about sock fashion in the gym. I go for the coolest patters and prints. its funny you say cotton isn't good for your sweaty days. cotton is the only kind i can wear when i'm sweating. i get my socks from sockdreams.com
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Walmart and Target have socks I like to wear to the gym...check by the workout clothes or look at the packages for words like "moisture wicking" and "arch support". Yes, there are much better socks out there, but these are very budget friendly. Another option is to check Marshall's or TJ Maxx, they sometimes have good deals on big name athletic wear.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    So does anyone have any suggestions for good work out socks that aren't cotton and are a reasonable price?

Merino wool. Doesn't matter what company, the goodness comes from the sheep. Seriously, your feet will thank you.

Look for them on sale and from places like Sierra Trading Post.
  • Chargunshow
    Chargunshow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Cotton is rotten...it will keep the sweat and moisture close to your skin. Technical running socks made from a blend of polyester, rayon, spandex and sometimes wool will wick the moisture away, be more comfortable, stay in place better and last longer...making the price tag more reasonable. There are all sorts of weights, levels of cushioning, and fits (like compression). Feetures and Balega are two running sock brands that work well at the gym. Both brands have super thin socks if that's your thing or more cushion.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you have the money, I vote for sucking it up and buying a multi-pack of good exercise socks. They are one of the small joys in life. Like brand new toothbrushes and clackers.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Have you tried stores like Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, or TJ Maxx? The ones by me usually have some running stocks for less than retail. Nordstrom Rack usually has the best selection.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like the Nike Dri-Fit socks and they aren't terribly expensive.
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll definitely check out those recommendations
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    Katerbels wrote: »
    Walmart and Target have socks I like to wear to the gym...check by the workout clothes or look at the packages for words like "moisture wicking" and "arch support". Yes, there are much better socks out there, but these are very budget friendly. Another option is to check Marshall's or TJ Maxx, they sometimes have good deals on big name athletic wear.

^this^ I like some that danskinnow makes(Walmart)/and the c9 (champion) at target. I like mine to have the little padded tab at the heel to prevent blisters and flat seems.
  • julyrunner
    julyrunner Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I like Wrightsocks. The kind I buy are thin and unpadded, but double-layered. I tend to get blisters from running and these really helped.