Tummy Tuck and skin removal after 190 pound weight loss!

Options
13»

Replies

• delgadodelgado1120
    delgadodelgado1120 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am wondering about the thigh tuck. I have big old wrinkles on the inner thighs.

Also, how long were you at your goal and maintaining before you went for the surgery?

I did a tiny tiny thigh tuck. I just lifted a small amount (maybe an inch) of extra skin. I am not too happy with that because I have an insane scar. I am hoping that gets better, the front looks good. The thigh tuck was literally painless...absolute no discomfort.
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    My body fat was pretty low, like 21% with the extra skin. I don't know where I am now because I haven't taken it yet after the surgery... and I'm still swollen so I just basically switched out extra skin for swelling. I did reach my weight goal before doing and I maintained it for about 6 months. I am at 150 right now, but I have a lot of muscle. I'm 5'7 and wearing a size 4. My doctor says I don't have enough "fat" (I'm always cold and have other little issues) so he wants me to work on that and gain a little bit once I heal completely. I was joking with him about doing a fat transfer to the booty and he said I was going to have to outsource that cause I didn't have any to transfer =)
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! After losing 200 pounds, I also needed plastic surgery to remove the skin. Mentally I needed it to feel "whole" again. Best money ever spent. I hate hearing people say they cannot afford it. Where there is a will there is a way. I tell them to start saving or make sure their credit score is good so they can get a loan. It can be done.

I completely agree. A big factor for me was that I was going to make myself sick if I didn't do it. Your mind doesn't catch up to your body and I kept thinking I needed to lose weight. How long did it take for your swelling to go down?!

I measured my waist immediately post-op and it was 4 inches larger. After about a month 3 of the inches were gone. By month 3 my swelling was just about gone. Some people swell a lot until the six month mark. I did not go down in size at all, but still worth it.

I also wanted the fat transfer to the butt but did not have enough fat. Shocking considering where I came from : )
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    That is so awesome! You look great!!!! It was super funny when he said I didn't have enough fat. Another question I had asked was if I would go down in size or weight and he said not really much difference because fat doesn't really weight much, lol, I told him I begged to differ and he couldn't help but laugh. he said fat itself doesn't weigh much it is everything that is associated with it that creates the extra weight. I am just about 15 days out and I can wear my real pants again. Everyone says I look so skinny but I don't see much difference. I do feel flatter though =)
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! You look great!!!! It was super funny when he said I didn't have enough fat. Another question I had asked was if I would go down in size or weight and he said not really much difference because fat doesn't really weight much, lol, I told him I begged to differ and he couldn't help but laugh. he said fat itself doesn't weigh much it is everything that is associated with it that creates the extra weight. I am just about 15 days out and I can wear my real pants again. Everyone says I look so skinny but I don't see much difference. I do feel flatter though =)

Good for you!! I wore shapewear to keep the skin in place so I did not look any different in clothes pre-op. Unless I told people, they could not tell I had surgery. My clothes definitely fit better now than before. My surgery was 2 years ago. I definitely think it helps me maintain. I paid too much money to mess up the results : )
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You guys are VERY inspiring!!!
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My body fat was pretty low, like 21% with the extra skin. I don't know where I am now because I haven't taken it yet after the surgery... and I'm still swollen so I just basically switched out extra skin for swelling. I did reach my weight goal before doing and I maintained it for about 6 months. I am at 150 right now, but I have a lot of muscle. I'm 5'7 and wearing a size 4. My doctor says I don't have enough "fat" (I'm always cold and have other little issues) so he wants me to work on that and gain a little bit once I heal completely. I was joking with him about doing a fat transfer to the booty and he said I was going to have to outsource that cause I didn't have any to transfer =)

Thanks for that...yes I am thinking aiming for 20% body fat :)
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    9zn1su6e85z5.jpg

Post surgery
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Can't wait to see the after surgery pics.
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    Thank you,

0jihx7d3q3w9.jpg
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options

They will not cover any type of cosmetic fix associated with that, including placement of the belly button.normally that is extra so you pay less butbyo get it done right u still have to come out of pocket.

so crazy that insurance companies consider the placement of your belly button after this type of surgery to be solely cosmetic. boggles the mind, lol!

Congrat's on your weightloss, and it's good to hear that your recovery process went so well. That's what I would be most scared about. I've only had my appendix out and my recovery process was miserable!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!