any kickboxers out there?

Options
jaci232
jaci232 Posts: 48 Member
i'm going to my first kickboxing class tomorrow and i'm not sure what to expect..
have you ever been to a class? what was it like? i'm renting the equipment (gloves, etc) there so that i won't have to buy it if i don't like the class, but i was hoping to hear if any of you have had good or bad experiences with kickboxing!

Replies

• ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    L-O-V-E-D Kickboxing! I think you will find it intense, but fun, fun, fun!!! Let us know what you think of it.

ODonna:smile:

Oh, and di I mention...I am SO jealous!!
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Love it! My first lesson was the moment I realised I wanted to get really fit, it is very demanding, but the best cardio vascular exercise there is, and great for core. It's made me address so many things such as balance, flexibility. And it is technically quite demanding (don't be afraid of that, we all start at the beginning) so presents challenges that one becomes more and more determined to overcome. One of the best overall types of exercise going.

Have fun!
  • jaci232
    jaci232 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    it was definitely intense! i went with a friend, and i'm glad i did! i don't think i've ever sweat so much in my life!! it was really fun though, and my friend and i plan to continue! thanks so much for all the advice :)
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I only tried it a few times but I loved it. My gym doesn't offer the class so I went as a guest to my sister-in-law's gym. So much fun and I sweat like a pig.
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Have fun!! I love it! Take breaks when you need them.
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    YES LOVE KICK BOXING IT REALLY BURN CALORIES AND HELPS ME FEEL LIKE I HAVE DONE SOMETHING GREAT!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT! TRY ZUMBA TOO I BURNED 1,000 CALORIES IN ZUMBA AT THE YMCA!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I train mma twice a week which has an element of kickboxing to it. Is always a great workout. I really do love it. Upping it to 3 times a week now :)