Changing Goal/week

Hi all! I went from 160 to 120 after baby number three. It's taken three years! My goal is 110. I am 5'2". I have been bouncing around between 117-119 for a month and seem stuck there. I lost 10 lbs by eating 1200 in the past 80 days. Yesterday I decided to change my goal to 0.5 lbs /week, which gives me 1380 calories instead of 1200. I have an active job with lots of walking. On days off I do cardio and body weight hiit. Unfortunately can't lift weights right now due to recovering from a neck injury.

Soooo, I am concerned that I will stop losing. When I ate 1200 and did not log exercise, I seem to have lost less than 0.5/week. I did my very best with accuracy. The last few weeks have been off the charts on the hunger scale and I've been going way over anyways. Maybe by consistently eating a bit more everything will balance out. I am fine with the long haul but certainly want to make it comfortable as possible and also a success.

Comments, suggestions, and friends would be greatly appreciated! Thanks MFP community!

Replies

• duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    If you are getting 1380 for .5 a week, then your sedentary TDEE is around 1630. MFP will not allow women to go lower than 1200 regardless of how much you set it to lose per week. You can open your diary so people can see how accurate your logging is and offer suggestions on filling foods. Also, you may want to eat a portion of your exercise calories so you are not so hungry.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Though I had public checked, is my diary not opening? Thanks daddy's dad for your reply.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    I would suggest sticking with 0.5 pounds per week or else you're prone to exceed your calorie goal due to your hunger levels. I quickly looked at your diary; I suggest buying a food scale. With your stats, you have a very slim margin of error and a food scale will help immensely. I am 5'3" and I went from 139 to 121 losing two pounds per week, from there I switched to one pound per week until I hit 115, then I slowed it down to 0.5 pounds per week until I hit 110. I'm not sure I could have had as much success without a food scale. Instead of playing around with different calorie counts for months, I was able to achieve consistent results due to it.
  • leahkathleen13
    Thanks synacious! I do weigh but maybe room for improvement. U are correct about little room for error. This is gonna b tough.
  • leahkathleen13
    I'm going to stick with 1200 and eat back half exercise. Any other ideas to help with the weakness and grogginess? Also very crabby.
  • leahkathleen13
    Ok so I weighed the dry oats today and it was 50 g heavier than I was logging. All the errors and extras along with going over were ruining my progress.

I was hoping to hear that I could eat more. Alas, I must eat less!

Thanks for responses, I am back on track now.
  • RicSur
    RicSur Posts: 44 Member
    I just do what feels right, for me. I run three to four times a week and do the excellent workouts on Runtastic you tube channel.
    Also to motivate myself I've joined RUNNING HEROES which gains points like Nectar, ànd sets challenges in which you can win cool stuff