Returning

Options
I have been on FitnessPal for several years, but I couldn't figure out the "community" and groups when I joined, so am trying again, because I desperately need motivation! I lost 90 lbs 6 years ago, maintained, then I had foot surgery 6 months ago and could not put any weight on my foot for 3 mos, plus i still cannot walk distances like at a mall. It has been very discouraging. Added to this, I have gone through a very stressful realization in my marriage (affair), so I gradually have put on 35 pounds from emotional eating and binging! I feel sick about this, as I can't fit into my old clothes and I feel unattractive. I am struggling, but I have lost 10 pounds so far. Two weddings coming up - one in 3 weeks and one in 5 weeks. Hoping I can stay motivated this time!

Replies

• Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're turning things around, and that 10 lbs loss is to be congratulated. There is no 'hoping' about this, you can do it! :)

Biggest recommendations, if you haven't already, is get a food scale. Put your stats into myfitnesspal and set an amount you'd like to lose per week. Weigh/log all food and liquids. Stay honest with yourself and trust in the process. Prepping and pre planning/logging meals I've also found to be very helpful.