missing

can anyone tell me where I can find Mr. Will Power. He is needed to help me lose this weight I know what to do but I just don't.

Replies

• bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    It's not about will power. It is a decision.
  • Jeffrey300050
    Jeffrey300050 Posts: 93 Member
    Bella is right! Its a decision. I made that decision about 40 times over the last few months. Didn't think I had Mr. Will Power either! But I finally got ANGRY. I tend to find Mr. WIll when I'm ready to lose the weight. I wasn't ready until I got fed up (literally too lol). Anger is a great motivator for me:) Healthy anger. And when I feel it, I know I'm ready and that I can stick to my DECISION.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    That's easy ...take off your clothes, in private preferably, stand in front of a full-length mirror, jump up and down

See that person staring back at you ? ..there he is :wink:

Ah!...some of the best advice I've read on MFP so far!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Sadly he's hard to find some days.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    There are lots of things that you do and don't do every day I bet that are about reining in your impulses. You are in a hurry but you don't shove old people out of your way because they are moving slower. Do you buy a fancy new car every time you see one you like? If a store offers free samples of something do you empty them all into your pocket? If you are sort of tired but your kids need you to take them to school do you just stay in bed? If the first chapter in a book is confusing do you stop reading even though everyone says it gets better by chapter 3 and then is amazing?

I think you can stick to a reasonable calorie goal. Is your goal reasonable or too intense and restrictive? Are you approaching weight loss with a sustainable plan? How important is it to you to lose weight?

For me I decided I would lose weight eating the food I normally do. It has been pretty painless doing it that way. My goal was 1 lb a week and my calorie goal was not too low. I was really determined to lose weight because I wanted to be pain free, mobile and healthy. I was ready. Logging and watching my calorie intake is like brushing my teeth. I don't need tons of willpower to brush my teeth, I just do it.

Everyday is a new day full of new choices. Do your best today. Tomorrow starts over and you do the best you can again. You won't be perfect every day and that is fine.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    rondarann wrote: »
    can anyone tell me where I can find Mr. Will Power. He is needed to help me lose this weight I know what to do but I just don't.

Um, he's racing Indycars and I highly doubt he is needed to help you lose your weight.

If you're looking for willpower/motivation, well, as rabbitjb said upthread, naked in front of a mirror is always the way to go.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited April 2016
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    That's easy ...take off your clothes, in private preferably, stand in front of a full-length mirror, jump up and down

See that person staring back at you ? ..there he is :wink:

Ah!...some of the best advice I've read on MFP so far!

Because @rabbitjb is the bomb!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818701/the-myth-of-motivation-and-what-you-need-instead/p1
  • rondarann
    rondarann Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks to you all for reply and making me smile excellent advice!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,467 Member
    motivation-and-habit-smaller.jpg?w=710