My morning pep talk....

Options
I have been getting up at 4:30am to do a workout dvd in the morning. I have found myself giving myself pep talks to get out of bed. Of course, I started out excited to change and then excited to keep changing. As the results have slowed, my pep talks have changed into a list of reasons I don't want to slide back to where I was. I reached my first mini goal this week and I think I let down my guard for a couple of days. So I am curious, especially as you get further in the journey, what do you do to remind yourself to keep going?

Replies

• sandralovelady
    sandralovelady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought note book. Just the cheep dollar one at Wal Mart. I started writing little
    things down. Started out with the date, and my beginning weight. Put the date everyday
    but just put weight once a week. In this, I write my mini goals, JFT (just for today) like I will
    walk at least 20 minutes today,
    what I ate, and what I have achieved. When I lose motivation, or get discouraged, I go back
    and read what I wrote. Surprised at how much this has helped keep me on track.
    Like the first time I walk a mile. (Now I walk 5) first time I could button my pants. Now they are
    loose. When I hit ONE- derland. This little note book is my cheerleader. I can finally see
    where I've been which encourages me to keep going. Hope this helps. And remember, enjoy
    the journey.