Plateaued after 20 lbs lost--help?

Options
Hey all! For the first three months using MFP, I was doing great--losing 2-3 lbs regularly each week. For the past two months I seem to have plateaued and I'm not sure why. I lost 2 lbs total last month, and this month I don't seem to have lost any at all. I'm staying 100-200 below my calorie budget on average each day, exercising 3-4 days per week, and drinking plenty of water. Obviously something's not right!

I went from 195-->175 and am 5'7".

Anyone else have a similar problem? Any possible causes?

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Did you ever recalculate your calorie goal on MFP after losing 20 pounds?
  • phosphorene
    phosphorene Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    Did you ever recalculate your calorie goal on MFP after losing 20 pounds?

Yes--it still has me at 1700-ish calories/day to lose .5 lbs per week. Which would kind of explain the 2lbs lost last month.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Well if you are set to lose 0.5 lbs a week, and you lost 2 lbs last month that sounds pretty spot on...what did you expect? Since you are only eating at at 250 kcal/day deficit that is very easy to underestimate while logging. I suggest you tighten up your logging and pace yourself... if it's set for 0.5 lbs you can't expect to lose more. Also weight loss is not linear and some weeks you might not lose and then next you lose more... be patient...but if you are not using kitchen scale that is your main problem.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    is your activity level accurate?