Best tasting protein shakes or protein powder?

Options
Justpeachy02
Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
Advice? I like to make protein shakes for breakfast or on the go. A couple of the mix in powders I have tried were pretty awful. Hoping some of you can give me advice on some great ones you've tried.

Replies

• LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Tara's whey is a good one, not chalky at all and pretty good flavor. I don't recommend using any kind of shake as a meal replacement, though.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    1st Phorm is by far the best tasting and consistency. If you want QUALITY, they have it down. :)
  • chsberthelot
    chsberthelot Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Muscle pharm combat powder! Been using it for years. Mixes good and taste awesome! It has whey and casein protein too 25 grams of protein per scoop
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    1st Phorm is by far the best tasting and consistency. If you want QUALITY, they have it down. :)

Thanks! Do you order it or buy off the shelf?
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I like the Muscle tech whey protein vanilla. Not too expensive and it mixes well with my smoothie.
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    Muscle pharm combat powder! Been using it for years. Mixes good and taste awesome! It has whey and casein protein too 25 grams of protein per scoop

Just checked it out on Amazon. I think my 20 year old son would like this one too. Thanks!
  • Harmony9
    Harmony9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    Harmony9 wrote: »

That sounds yummy. I'll check it out. Thanks
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,541 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Chocolate is cheap, tasty enough, and 170 Cal per scoop - 25P - 10C - 3F. It's like $20 at Walmart for 30 scoops I think.

I weighed a full scoop and it's accurate in grams leveled at the top. I use the powder as a supplement on days when I'm low on protein. I try to get my protein from food sources since it's more filling.
  • kevintweedie
    kevintweedie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use Smooth Chocolate flavour protein from BodyBuildingWarehouse - It's a really nice shake when mixed with water & not lumpy at all. Most flavours from other brands don't taste nice for me but they're really good. Also a super friendly and fast service - Couldn't recommend anything more.
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    Pure Protein Chocolate is cheap, tasty enough, and 170 Cal per scoop - 25P - 10C - 3F. It's like $20 at Walmart for 30 scoops I think.

I weighed a full scoop and it's accurate in grams leveled at the top. I use the powder as a supplement on days when I'm low on protein. I try to get my protein from food sources since it's more filling.

Thanks. I like that it's economical. Taste enough? Not convinced there. Lol
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    I use Smooth Chocolate flavour protein from BodyBuildingWarehouse - It's a really nice shake when mixed with water & not lumpy at all. Most flavours from other brands don't taste nice for me but they're really good. Also a super friendly and fast service - Couldn't recommend anything more.

Thanks. Yeah, the ones that don't mix and are lumpy, yuck! I'll take a look
  • kevintweedie
    kevintweedie Posts: 5 Member
    Options

No problem at all. Hope you find something
  • Justpeachy02
    edited April 2016
    Options

No problem at all. Hope you find something

Thanks
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I usually grab whatever is cheapest, but Six Star advanced whey (from safeway and walmart) tastes so much better than some other stuff Ive had, will blend smoothly with little water, and its made by Muscle Tech. Cost me $15 per 2.5lb container at Safeway
  • tostuermann
    tostuermann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

So I've tried a bunch of them from the cheap to the super expensive. I've found that Body Fortress is great if you're on a budget. It has the best protein/carb/calorie ratio for the price, and works really well for losing weight. My favorite "bang for my buck" is Shakeology, because I use it as a meal replacement it comes out of my lunch budget (I'm sick, I budget everything). My hubby uses 1st Phorm which seems to be great for building muscle!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Trutein and I like the CinnaBun flavor the most. We have a 4 pound tub on the top of the fridge.
  • sthome925
    sthome925 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use the Atkins Strawberry Shakes in the morning for breakfast. Only 150 calories and 15 g Protein. I combine it with a Morningstar Sausage Patty (80 Calories/ 10 g Protein).
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    Trutein and I like the CinnaBun flavor the most. We have a 4 pound tub on the top of the fridge.

Oooooh Cinnabun. Thanks
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    sthome925 wrote: »
    I use the Atkins Strawberry Shakes in the morning for breakfast. Only 150 calories and 15 g Protein. I combine it with a Morningstar Sausage Patty (80 Calories/ 10 g Protein).

Thanks. Love sausage for breakfast. Haven't had the Morningstar. I normally just get the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties. They're really good.