Road Trip Foods?

Options
Hey everyone!

I need some help on ideas of different snacks I could take with me on a 16 hour road trip (8 hours each way) that I'm going to be taking later this month. I don't want to stop and eat at a restaurant (to save money AND calories) and I can't really think of a lot of different ideas for foods. I need something that's going to be quick and easy to eat while driving haha. I'm going to be bringing Quest protein bars and a homemade trail mix (almonds, cashews, different seeds, raisins, etc) but I would like a couple other ideas as well. Any help is much appreciated! :-)

Replies

• danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is my go-to snack when I have long drives ahead of me
  • psykins
    psykins Posts: 76
    Options
    Well, doesn't save you much money, but LOVE some beef jerky from the gas station :)

We're road-tripping this weekend, too, and we are taking some cut up bread (would bring butter if ours hadn't molded o.0), bananas, peaches, hardboiled eggs (pre-peeled)
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    fruit
    veggies
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    apple, banana, nuts; that's what I take for road trip snacks. and water. but then again, you have to have a proper meal too, no?
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Broccoli florets or cut up celery and hummus
  • Hollypop725
    Options
    apple, banana, nuts; that's what I take for road trip snacks. and water. but then again, you have to have a proper meal too, no?

Yeah I'm thinking I should probably cook some chicken or something like that and have it. I can always just gnaw on it while I'm driving haha.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches
    Wraps (with the end tucked in, so it doesn't all fall out while you're driving)
    Little snack bags of fruit and low fat cheese
    Little snack boxes of nuts with some chunks of dark chocolate
    Smoothies made from yoghurt, fruit and oats (basically breakfast in a bottle)

I think you are going to have to have a break at some point anyway, so that would be a good moment to take in a proper meal like a big salad with pasta/rice/potatoes and some chicken or beef strips.