Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I have a couple questions about what should be your weight and maintain that weight

tburgess242002
tburgess242002 Posts: 231 Member
edited April 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hello I am trying to do maintenance and I am trying to figure out what my weight should be or what I wanted to be how do I know if I'm at a good weight right now i'm five they weighed 215 pounds I feel good off all insulin off seven different medications I get mad at myself if I go over a little bit a pound or two and then I waited day or so and it normally comes back down I am then stuck is that your body telling you that where it's likes it that the way that wants to be appreciate your help in Advance

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    The most common suggestion is to base your weight on the BMI scale. Ideally you should be within the normal weight range, but if you have a physically demanding job or have been strength training for over 5 year the goal should be set based on body fat being within the normal range.

Plateaus like you are describing can be attributed to either eating around maintenance or the idea of "set points" in weight. If you continue eating at a deficit you'll eventually drop below that "set point". Sometimes I choose to maintain at a "set point" because it seems relatively effortless.
  • tburgess242002
    tburgess242002 Posts: 231 Member
    Thank you