Applebees anyone? Newbie being challenged with eating out alot this week.

Options
Now we are going to go to Apple bees for dinner tonight - if you were headed that way what would you pick.

This was a spur of the moment thing so don't have much left and tomorrow we're going to a funeral where there will be lots of finger foods.

Definitely being challenged with food choices this week. At least we are not going to Golden Coral tomorrow.

Anyway - if you were headed to Applebees what would you choose. Only restriction I don't do spicey because of allergies (and of course not too many calories please)

Definitely going to have to come up with a plan for these spur of the moment things. Ugh!

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly, Applebees should have a 500-600 calorie selection on the menu. Can't go wrong there. Just skip the appetizer. Those can be double that :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Applebees has lighter fare options, which are marked on their menu. Pick something that sounds good from that. You can also look up nutrition info on their website and plan ahead.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Look up their nutrition menu on their website.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    What calorie range are you targeting?

I normally aim for about a 1000-1100 calorie dinner (it's where I eat most of my calories) and I love beef, so I'd probably go for a steak or a burger, and figure out what sides I'd get to make sure I stayed close on calories.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Definitely something from the Lighter Fare section of the menu. I've had the Cedar Salmon and thought it was delicious. I'm not sure if they still have the Napa Chicken and Portobellos, but that was good too.
  • Balaru
    Balaru Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Will they let you get a kid's meal - some places do. The serving size should be more in line then.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Whenever possible I will look at menu's online before going to the restaurant and make my decision. It makes the decision much easier and I am not trying to guess calories when sitting at the table. I can get all the information I want and just enjoy the experience.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    As people said, Applebee's has a 600 calories or less menu. I don't care for their current offerings but the ones I've had in the past were pretty tasty. Everything else is way too many calories and honestly not worth wasting calories on anyway.

Quite sure that kids meal options have even more calories, and most places really don't let you order off the kids menu anyway.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I like the Pepper Crusted Sirloin & Whole Grains. 370 calories and 28 g protein.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    We're going there tonight too! I like the nappa chicken and portobellas. I usually eat 1/2 of it. I was looking at their menu online and kind of shocked to see the calories in the salads. 1,000 calories+ for a salad?! :o
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    They have a lighter menu. I really like their pepper crusted sirloin and whole grains or the Asian shrimp salad.